VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy PlayOn and record Netflix! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 120 of 120
FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 3,571 to 3,579 of 3579
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks a lot for the new version, works great...

Just for fun I installed a 10 year old version a couple of days ago (wanted to check CCE support). Man, this software has come a long way. It is THE DVD creation tool today, and looking at the download numbers at SourceForge (almost 1000 downloads last week) it sure looks like the DVD format is not dead yet...

Thanks again and Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've had a couple of instances lately where the program informs me of a time delay of a few seconds.

It then asks me if it should adjust the time sequence.

Every time I click on OK to make adjustments, the audio appears out of sync, when I go with the original time
    the result is fine.

Just a query on a great program ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is my experience, too. AVStoDVD retrieves the delay information from MediaInfo, and this is not always correct.

A delay of several seconds has never been correct for me, I always ignore such huge delays. For me everything greater than 100ms looks suspicious.

The whole thing also depends on the source filter you are using. DSS2Mod with LAVFilters sometimes behaves a little different than ffms2, and for MPEG2 or VOB sources the recommended source filter is DGDecode which again handles audio delays differently. I remember converting an MPEG2 source a while ago where MediaInfo reported a huge delay. When I used DGDecode I needed to have AVStoDVD correct this huge delay to get a well synced output. But when using LAVFilters or ffms2 I had to ignore the delay in AVStoDVD.

Another factor is the compression format of the source file. Lately I started converting German DVB-T2 captures. They use HEVC / AAC-LATM or E-AC3, the captured MTS files always have a huge audio delay of 2 sec or more. So far I always got good results by ignoring these delays.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  4. Is there a shortcut key for Move Up Title and Move Down Title? If not, can Mr_C implement it in future releases?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Something like CTRL-U and CTRL-D? Ok, no problem, I can add them, even if CTRL-D is currently used for 'Demux Files' tool, but I can re-map the shortcuts. Any preferences from the users?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    CTRL-U and CTRL-D look fine for me...

While you are at it could you please have a look at another (cosmetic and very minor) issue in the title window?
    Whenever I import several titles at once from an Explorer window AVStoDVD always reorders these titles so that the very last clip from Explorer (which is set to sort files alphabetically by name) will become title 1 in AVStoDVD. The order of the other titles is unchanged.

Example:
    I have five clips in my Explorer folder, named "a.mp4", up to "e.mp4", and Explorer shows them in the correct alphabetical order. Then in AVStoDVD I click the "+" button to import clips, in the Explorer window I select all the 5 clips to highlight them. Back in AVStoDVD the order then becomes "e.mp4", "a.mp4" up to "d.mp4".

This issue has always been there IIRC. No big deal, but it would be nice if A2D did not reorder the input clips on its own...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    CTRL-U and CTRL-D look fine for me...

While you are at it could you please have a look at another (cosmetic and very minor) issue in the title window?
    Whenever I import several titles at once from an Explorer window AVStoDVD always reorders these titles so that the very last clip from Explorer (which is set to sort files alphabetically by name) will become title 1 in AVStoDVD. The order of the other titles is unchanged.

Example:
    I have five clips in my Explorer folder, named "a.mp4", up to "e.mp4", and Explorer shows them in the correct alphabetical order. Then in AVStoDVD I click the "+" button to import clips, in the Explorer window I select all the 5 clips to highlight them. Back in AVStoDVD the order then becomes "e.mp4", "a.mp4" up to "d.mp4".

This issue has always been there IIRC. No big deal, but it would be nice if A2D did not reorder the input clips on its own...

Cheers
    manolito
    I noticed this also, but it seems to be related to the order in which they're selected.
    For example,
    select them in reverse order (e,d,c,b,a) and they'll be right in A2D
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    That's a feature from GetOpenFileName (comdlg32.dll) API: last selected object is put at the top position (LIFO). A possible approach could be to intercept the multi-string, parse it and sort the list by filename. Meanwhile, Dave's workaround works.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the explanation. It is indeed a systemwide behavior which only makes sense to M$...

I found this in the CreativeCow forum:
    Okay, I figured this out. I was having the same problem. Despite sorting by name first (change to "List View" in the Project Panel), dragging them over to the timeline still resulted in some of them randomly being out of order. It was driving me crazy because I have 30+ videos and it sucks when you go to join all of them and find ONE or TWO are not in sequence!

I signed up for an account here JUST SO I could update with my findings. Here's the fix:

Sort your clips in the project panel by name (easier if you change the view type here to "list" view). Make sure the earliest/first clip you want is on top. Now do a CTRL+A to get them all highlighted. Here's the part that makes the difference - when you go to drag & drop to the timeline, GRAB them by the TOP-MOST clip. That's it!

So funky and stupid that this makes a difference, but it really does. Hope this pays it forward and helps someone else.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote