Originally Posted by Nicety1 View Post
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    @manolito

sure! Thanks for the report.

@Nicety1

see Help/FAQ/General/Q1.5

Bye
    Thanks. Windows update did this. I've been using all LAV filters exclusively and didn't think to check it after the recent update.

Every time I click on the LAV filter it doesn't change from Microsoft. Please tell me that I don't have to correct this in the registry...
    I think I got it. I know that I had ticked the "Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges" box but probably the latest update unticked that as well. I should be cool now...
    Quote Quote  
  2. [deleted]
    Last edited by _MrC_; 13th Dec 2017 at 10:18. Reason: double posting
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hotfix 171212 for release 2.8.7 Alpha is available.

It solves the 2 bugs reported by manolito.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Tested and approved...

Thanks
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Found another problem with the menu creation routine...
    The selected highlight colors for "Selection" and "Play" are ignored. See here:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1827354#post1827354

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    I have long been quite reluctant to mess with stuff like the K-Lite Codec pack, and am wary of different installed versions of other widely used items within various apps -- things like Haali Media Splitter, that are used by AVS -- possibly clashing with each other or causing conflicts. So, when I saw this assorted-bunch-of-stuff install screen while installing Zoom Player, I wondered if I might be opening the door to some possible problems. Was that concern unwarranted ? I accepted only a couple of the items on a system that has always had AVStoDVD installed.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Zoom Player -- Install Codecs.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	44161
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You should test if DirectVobSub has a conflict with VSFilter which is used by AVStoDVD. DirectVobSub is the successor of VSFilter and serves the same purpose. A2D loads VSFilter.dll when hard coded subtitles are requested. I have no idea if VSFilter and DirectVobSub use identical function names. If they do and both DLLs are loaded then you have no control over which one of the DLLs gets used. Needs testing...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    converted movie and have no sound. what do I need to do?
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same problem you already experienced a while ago...

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread/page117#post2497109

Your audio is in the AC3+ format, and you specified to keep DVD compliant audio. The version of AVStoDVd you are using falsely assumes that AC3+ is compliant, so you will end up without audio.

Two solutions:
    1. Upgrade AVStoDVd to the latest Alpha version (plus the hotfix).
    2. Untick the option to keep compliant audio. A2D will then reencode the AC3+ source audio track to standard AC3.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread/page117#post2497109

Your audio is in the AC3+ format, and you specified to keep DVD compliant audio. The version of AVStoDVd you are using falsely assumes that AC3+ is compliant, so you will end up without audio.

Two solutions:
    2. Untick the option to keep compliant audio. A2D will then reencode the AC3+ source audio track to standard AC3.

Cheers
    manolito

I can find the latest alpha version but what is the "hotfix", where do I find it and how do I use it?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's the hotfix. Extract the exe file and replace the one in the run folder from the alpha
    https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/AVStoDVD_287_Alpha171212_Hotfix.7z

Download the alpha package from here
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_alpha_beta/AVStoDVD%202.8.7%2...lpha%20171109/
    Quote Quote  
  12. Has anyone running Windows 10 experienced issues with hcenc crashing with a generic Windows "not responding" error? I've had this happen on 2 machines with new installs and a few different files all with the same result.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you using ffmpegsource for the video source filter in AVStoDVD ? This can lead to a delay as the file is indexed
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I am not familiar with Win 10, but I do remember some similar reports from some time ago (can't find the posts right now).
    Did you try to use the Windows compatibility options? You can access the options by right-clicking HCenc.exe in Explorer, select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Then it is trial and error.

If nothing helps you will be stuck with FFmpeg. You can get better quality from FFmpeg if you use my FFmpeg-VBR plugin from here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z
    Make sure to read the PDF manual before installing the plugin...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 5th Jan 2018 at 21:26.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    here's the hotfix. Extract the exe file and replace the one in the run folder from the alpha
    https://sites.google.com/site/avstodvdmain/avstodvd_287_alpha171212_hotfix.7z

download the alpha package from here
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_alpha_beta/avstodvd%202.8.7%2...lpha%20171109/
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM

Two solutions:

Cheers
    manolito
    Unfortunately I wasted another 2 hours converting this movie AFTER I "unticked the option to keep compliant audio", and STILL had no audio. I had to ALSO untick "force FFmpeg when temp WAV is < 4GB" as well to have audio.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    I am not familiar with Win 10, but I do remember some similar reports from some time ago (can't find the posts right now).
    Did you try to use the Windows compatibility options? You can access the options by right-clicking HCenc.exe in Explorer, select "Properties" and go to the "Compatibility" tab. Then it is trial and error.

If nothing helps you will be stuck with FFmpeg. You can get better quality from FFmpeg if you use my FFmpeg-VBR plugin from here:
    https://files.videohelp.com/u/172211/Manolito_s%20A2D%20Plugins.7z
    Make sure to read the PDF manual before installing the plugin...

Cheers
    manolito
    Tried some runs with the different compatibility and all have the same result. Looks like I'll have to setup ffmpeg vbr. It's strange because I've been on Windows 10 for a while now and have used AVStoDVD while I was on Windows 10 even, can only put it down to an update I guess.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately I wasted another 2 hours converting this movie AFTER I "unticked the option to keep compliant audio", and STILL had no audio. I had to ALSO untick "force FFmpeg when temp WAV is < 4GB" as well to have audio.
    As usual we need your AVStoDVD log file to be able to analyze what happened...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Deach View Post
    Tried some runs with the different compatibility and all have the same result. Looks like I'll have to setup ffmpeg vbr. It's strange because I've been on Windows 10 for a while now and have used AVStoDVD while I was on Windows 10 even, can only put it down to an update I guess.
    Yeah, that is possible of course. Another thing you should check is if your antivirus software is blocking HCenc.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  20. When converting DV Type 1 files with 2 12-bit 32kHz audio tracks, are the audio tracks identical so I just have to choose one of them?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DV Type 1.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	45.6 KB
ID:	44336  

Quote Quote  
  21. A new 2.8.7 Alpha release is out.

Cumulative changes log from 2.8.6:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added AviSynth plugin DSS2mod to replace DirectShowSource for video frame serving in 'A2DSource.avsi' script
    - Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
    - Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
    - Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
    - Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Added BDSup2Sub 5.1.2 to improve bitmap-based subs handling (resize and resync). It requires Java Runtime Environment
    - Added check of Java Runtime Environment presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Added 'Smart Selection' option to 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option (see Help section for more details)
    - Added AviSynth script 'MCJMFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions (thanks to johnmeier and manolito from doom9)
    - Dropped AviSynth script 'MotionProtectedFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions, mainly due to edge artifacts
    - Revised other 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option labels
    - Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
    - Revised DVD Menu Highlight colors list (Selection and Play). Now they replicate default DVD palette used in AVStoDVD.
    - Improved support of VobSub subtitles: resize and resync from BD sources is now implemented with BDSup2Sub
    - Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
    - Spun off Preferred DirectShow Codecs Tool in a separate executable file 'A2DCodecs.exe'
    - Removed 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2
    - AVSMeter updated to release 2.6.5

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much for the new build, looks perfect to me...

And a Happy New Year (even if it is a little late) to all of you.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    When converting DV Type 1 files with 2 12-bit 32kHz audio tracks, are the audio tracks identical so I just have to choose one of them?
    According to the MediaInfo report the two audio tracks do look identical. But the only way to make sure is to listen to them. AVStoDVD has a demuxing tool which lets you extract both audio streams to your HDD. Listen to them to make sure which one you want...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Had an issue trying to convert Monty Pyton Life of Brian to a 3.5GB sized DVD

Basic reason is to save some space on the media player drive so converting the larger media files to a 3.5GB DVD then run that through MKVToolnix to convert it back to a single MKV. Yes, I know I could simply run it through something like VidCoder but this way is much quicker and I have more control over AviSynth scripts to improve the final output. Life of Brian is now much sharper and the colours are better as I used LSFMOD plus ColorMatrix via AviSynth with some background noise removal. The workflow works for me as well !!

Anyway, ran it through using HCEnc and the project complained that the output ratio was less than 1.5 and failed everytime, tried FFMPEG same result. Couldn't understand why as this is the first time I've seen this

Updated the FFMPEG encoder to the latest stable 32-bit static release and tried again, exact same settings just changed the version of FFMPEG and nothing else and it worked perfectly first time and completed without any issues ..... not a clue why but that solved my problem

Also, if I try and use the 64-bit FFMPEG the encode fails instantly, use the 32-bit FFMPEG not an issue. I would have thought changing the encoder to 64-bit shouldn't really make a difference to encoding except 64-bit should be faster

The only difference to standard is I'm using Manolito's FFMPEG MOD, no changes to the encode except using the VBR MOD

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by steptoe View Post
    Anyway, ran it through using HCEnc and the project complained that the output ratio was less than 1.5 and failed everytime, tried FFMPEG same result. Couldn't understand why as this is the first time I've seen this
    Sorry, I do not understand this, could you please elaborate? Output ratio less than 1.5, what does this mean?

Also I think it is a bad idea to use a 64-bit encoder software under AVStoDVD. It might work if you use FFmpeg safe mode (which does not use AviSynth), but in the normal modes AVStoDVD feeds an AviSynth script to the encoder. And if your AviSynth version is 32-bit (which it should be for AVStoDVD) then a 64-bit encoder will fail miserably when it is asked to process an AviSynth script under a 32-bit AviSynth installation.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, I do not understand this, could you please elaborate? Output ratio less than 1.5, what does this mean?

Also I think it is a bad idea to use a 64-bit encoder software under AVStoDVD. It might work if you use FFmpeg safe mode (which does not use AviSynth), but in the normal modes AVStoDVD feeds an AviSynth script to the encoder. And if your AviSynth version is 32-bit (which it should be for AVStoDVD) then a 64-bit encoder will fail miserably when it is asked to process an AviSynth script under a 32-bit AviSynth installation.

Cheers
    manolito

That would explain 64-bit failing instantly, I'm aware 32-bit avisynth needs 32-bit right through which causes issues for people trying to mix 32-bit and 64-bit plugins unless using MP_pipeline

I'm trying to replicate the error I had previously but now it doesn't want to even using the old FFMPEG that was causing the problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm trying to replicate the error I had previously but now it doesn't want to even using the old FFMPEG that was causing the problem
    If you were using the FFmpeg-VBR plugin you probably should reset the AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder first. The easiest way is to download the "noinstall" version of AVStoDVD, then delete the complete AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder from your HDD and extract the FFmpeg folder from the downloaded archive into the A2D folder. This way you can be sure to have FFmpeg-VBR completely removed.

For upgrading FFmpeg to a newer version there are some things to watch out for. Please have a look at this post at Doom9:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958

Any FFmpeg version starting with version 3.12 requires that you edit your environment path variable.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you were using the FFmpeg-VBR plugin you probably should reset the AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder first. The easiest way is to download the "noinstall" version of AVStoDVD, then delete the complete AVStoDVD\FFmpeg folder from your HDD and extract the FFmpeg folder from the downloaded archive into the A2D folder. This way you can be sure to have FFmpeg-VBR completely removed.

For upgrading FFmpeg to a newer version there are some things to watch out for. Please have a look at this post at Doom9:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1814958#post1814958

Any FFmpeg version starting with version 3.12 requires that you edit your environment path variable.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks for those links, I'll update a few I didn't know about such as mkvtoolnix and dgdecode.dll. MediaInfo has always worked for me when new version come out and I had also been using the last HCEnc 0.28 for a long time before that was officially updated. Same with LAVFilters always working, apart from Microsoft insisting their filters were better and not changing to LAVFilters and had to be set manually

I've managed to replicate the error, it looks like DGPullDown is causing the issue as that is where its stalled. Checking the log, its definitely stalled as the last entry says its starting the DGPulldown Operation. The error I have is : Target rate/Current rate must not be greater than 1.5

No ideas why, but might be something to do with HCEnc as this doesn't appear if using FFMPEG for the video

As for the FFMPEG path I wasn't aware of that, I didn't set anything as all, all I did was download the latest stable 32-bit static build and copied it to the FFMPEG folder after backing up the original first and it ran perfectly
    Last edited by steptoe; 10th Jan 2018 at 00:27.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Post the avstodvd log, it may help with further diagnosis

This message does come out of DGpulldown, but understanding how it was fed invalid arguments
    the log is necessary
    Last edited by davexnet; 10th Jan 2018 at 17:32. Reason: more info
    Quote Quote  
  30. Release 2.8.7 Final is out.

Cumulative change log from 2.8.6:

- Added AviSynth plugin DSS2mod to replace DirectShowSource for video frame serving in 'A2DSource.avsi' script
    - Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
    - Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
    - Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
    - Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Added BDSup2Sub 5.1.2 to improve bitmap-based subs handling (resize and resync). It requires Java Runtime Environment
    - Added check of Java Runtime Environment presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Added 'Smart Selection' option to 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option (see Help section for more details)
    - Added AviSynth script 'MCJMFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions (thanks to johnmeier and manolito from doom9)
    - Dropped AviSynth script 'MotionProtectedFPS.avsi' for hard fps conversions, mainly due to edge artifacts
    - Revised other 'Preferences'/'AviSynth'/'Hard FrameRate Conversion' option labels
    - Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
    - Revised DVD Menu Highlight colors list (Selection and Play). Now they replicate default DVD palette used in AVStoDVD.
    - Revised 'Force FFmpeg when temp WAV is > 4GB' in 'Preferences'/'Audio' rationale: now it is applied also for 1.0/2.0 channels tracks longer than 3 hours
    - Improved support of VobSub subtitles: resize and resync from BD sources is now implemented with BDSup2Sub
    - Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
    - Spun off Preferred DirectShow Codecs Tool in a separate executable file 'A2DCodecs.exe'
    - Removed 'Execute AVStoDVD with Elevated Privileges' option in 'Preferences'/'Misc'
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2
    - AVSMeter updated to release 2.6.5
    - FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.22 r1293+111 (C plugin)

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote