VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 117 of 137
FirstFirst ... 17 67 107 115 116 117 118 119 127 ... LastLast
Results 3,481 to 3,510 of 4096
Thread
  1. I'm trying to build a menu for a DVD that will have two x265 videos, one much larger than the other. When it tries to build the menu, the first video seems to go fine, but it always gives me an error when it's working on the second: "Warning! Cannot create DVD Thumbnail from Title 2"

Operations log:
    '19:10:54' AVStoDVD Release 2.8.6 loaded!
    '19:10:54' AviSynth 2.6.0 is installed ("C:\WINDOWS\system32\avisynth.dll").
    '19:10:54' LAV Filters 0.65.0 is installed ("C:\Program Files (x86)\LAV Filters\x86\LAVVideo.ax").
    '19:10:54' ImgBurn 2.5.0 is installed ("C:\Program Files (x86)\ImgBurn\ImgBurn.exe").
    '19:10:54' New AVStoDVD Project started!
    '19:11:00' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77 initialized.
    '19:11:00' Title 1 "E:\Capture\F2 2017 - Race 05 - Austria - Sprint Race.mp4" added.
    '19:11:12' MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77 initialized.
    '19:11:12' Title 2 "E:\Capture\F1 2017 - Race 09 - Austria - Austrian Grand Prix.mp4" added.
    '19:13:29' Static 16:9 Thumbnails based DVD Menu initialized.
    That's the last thing it records; it doesn't record the error

Video 1 info:
    HEVC - 7539 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 16:9 - 29.97 fps (VFR) - 44:28 minutes - 79972 frames
    MPEG-1 Audio layer 2 - 192 kbps - CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 44:28 minutes (0 ms delay) - UN - Internal

Video 2 info:
    HEVC - 6178 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAT 16:9 - 29.97 fps (VFR) - 2:26:46 hours - 263913 frames
    MPEG-1 Audio layer 2 - 192 kbps CBR - 2 ch - 48000 Hz - 2:26:46 hours (0 ms delay) - UN - Internal

Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    what are you using for avisynth source prefernces
    i ran into a similar problem, with Motion thumbnails a year or two back
    changing to FFmpeg source
    fixed my issue
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This could be due to the old version of LAV filters, probably worth updating.
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/LAV-Filters

You could try selecting the title in the main window and at the top codecs/build directshow filter graph
    When the graph appears you can press the play button and the file should play.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    what are you using for avisynth source prefernces
    i ran into a similar problem, with Motion thumbnails a year or two back
    changing to FFmpeg source
    fixed my issue
    FFmpeg did the trick. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have been using an old version of AVStoDVD for quite a while. I tried updating before but always had audio sync issues. I couldnt get it fixed so I went back to a previous version. Some how my program got updated. Now Im having the sync issues again. Ive tried finding a similar software that would work and I have tried lots but couldnt find anything that I like.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I hate having to remake a dvd or re download videos multiple times trying to find one that wont give me an audio error.

This is the log of the last DVD I created. 2 videos, both had audio sync issues.

https://files.videohelp.com/u/109903/MY%20DVD.log
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ThaDraGun View Post
    I have been using an old version of AVStoDVD for quite a while. I tried updating before but always had audio sync issues. I couldnt get it fixed so I went back to a previous version. Some how my program got updated. Now Im having the sync issues again. Ive tried finding a similar software that would work and I have tried lots but couldnt find anything that I like.

Does anyone know how I can fix this? I hate having to remake a dvd or re download videos multiple times trying to find one that wont give me an audio error.

This is the log of the last DVD I created. 2 videos, both had audio sync issues.

It's the same reason most have these issues, you have not increased the priority of the LAV filters so they actually get used,
    so the system defaults to the MS filters.
    Take a look at the top, Codecs/ Preferred directshow codecs.

Alternatively, go into preferences, avisynth tab and set FFMpegsource for video and audio. Save preferences as default,
    rebuild you project and retry.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i agree with FFmpegsource set in preferences

if your source plays 'flawlessly' on the PC , then stick with the same source
    very hard to solve issues, if you keep changing the source file
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post

It's the same reason most have these issues, you have not increased the priority of the LAV filters so they actually get used,
    so the system defaults to the MS filters.
    Take a look at the top, Codecs/ Preferred directshow codecs.

Alternatively, go into preferences, avisynth tab and set FFMpegsource for video and audio. Save preferences as default,
    rebuild you project and retry.
    I changed the codec preferences. Now the second video plays in sync. But the first video still has the audio issues.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I changed the codec preferences. Now the second video plays in sync. But the first video still has the audio issues.
    Could you please cut out and upload a short section of the offending clip which shows the out of sync problem?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hi folks, may I ask about this problem. I have been using AVStoDVD for a couple of months, the latest version. I am using it "out of the box" and until yesterday it worked fine with just about anything I threw at it. Now, though, with different MP4 source files that play back fine in VLC, it will not complete conversion to DVD. I get the following error message and a log file which I can't interpret at all (beyond my technical knowledge).

https://files.videohelp.com/u/226054/DVD_9.log

Any pointers to how conversion can be fixed?
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	AVS process aborted.jpg
Views:	1219
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	43111  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi TheNorwegian,

your log shows that AVStoDVD stumbled at the authoring stage using BatchMux. Video and audio got converted just fine. This means that something about your DVD menu throws BatchMux off. To analyze this further you need to post your BatchMux log file (E:\Mediadisk\DTV og DVD\DVD_9_BatchMux.log). To be able to see this file you might need to uncheck the options "Delete temporary DVD assets files" and "Delete AVStoDVD working files".

Maybe you should repeat your conversion using a simpler menu. It also might help to specify FFmpegSource instead of A2DSource under "Preferences" for both video and audio.

Two other things in your AVStoDVD configuration stick out (not related to the current issue):

1. You use an old and very deprecated version of ffdshow as your source filter. This is no problem as long as your source files are decoded correctly (the HEVC format will not work AFAIK). It is recommended to uninstall ffdshow and the Haali splitter and use a current version of LAV Filters instead.

2. You use some Microsoft source filters as your preferred DirectShow source filters. This often leads to audio / video sync problems. It is recommended to change the preferred filter settings to either LAV or ffdshow under "Codecs -> Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup".

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks Manolito. Here is the BatchMux log. I have no idea what it says.

I author with DVD menu disabled, always did, and have the same setting now. I also tried changing A2DSource to FFmpegSource but that did not help.

https://files.videohelp.com/u/226054/DVD_9_BatchMux.log

When your suggestions did not work for me, I uninstalled the programme and reinstalled it, but the exact same problem occurs.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Since you do not use menus this issue looks like buffer problems.

MuxMan (which does the authoring work for BatchMux) is very picky when it comes to buffer underflows. Your target bitrate of 8500 kbps is well inside the DVD specs, but FFmpeg has a habit to overshoot the max bitrate.

Two things you could try:

1. Reduce the bitrate settings. Under "View/Edit title settings -> Video" uncheck "Auto Video Setup" and "Auto Bitrate Calculation". Then set your bitrate to 8000 kbps or even lower,

2. Or change your encoder from FFmpeg to HCenc in the same window. HCenc handles the VBV buffer much better than FFmpeg so there is a good chance that MuxMan will author the resulting streams without errors.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  14. The BatchMux log file is reporting "BatchMux: ERROR opening Log File E:\Mediadisk\DTV og DVD\AVS to DVD\DVD_9_MuxMan.log". There was a similar issue here, and the issue was related to some writing permission problems in Wine under Linux.

In addition to manolito's suggestion, may you try to use as output folder a simpler folder, where you are 100% sure to have writing permissions, such as "C:\DVD"?

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  15. Thanks for the suggestions, MrC and Manolito. I have tried them all and even then some, to no avail. I will probably wait until there is an update and then reinstall it. For the moment I will look into other softwares, I guess.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Originally Posted by Nicety1 View Post
    I'm going to upload the log as an attachment. I've seen others upload the entire text here as opposed to an attachment. Please let me know if that is the preferred way...
    Both methods are fine, no problem...

Your source audio is in the AC3+ format, but this is not compatible for DVDs. Your settings specify to keep DVD compliant audio, but AVStoDVD falsely assumes that AC3+ is DVD compliant which it is not.

You should try to disable the setting "Keep compliant audio" to force AVStoDVD to reencode the audio track.

Good luck
    manolito
    To be honest, I can't recall if this method fixed my problem or not but I WAS finally able to convert it... I'll have to be more prompt about getting back...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MrC fixed the issue in the latest AVStoDVD release 2.8.7 Alpha 170810...

Just checked it using a HD TV capture with 2 AC3+ audio tracks. Works perfectly, the audio tracks are no longer detected as being DVD compliant, A2D forces a reencode.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    I've twice tried to convert. Aborts at muxman stage. tried unticking "make dvd compliant" box, tried downloading a different torrent file, thinking file may be corrupt. nothing helped. spent multiple logs...
    Last edited by Nicety1; 10th Oct 2017 at 01:09.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This time your problems have nothing to do with audio, it's the subtitle track which causes the trouble.

Unfortunately I am quite ignorant about subs, so I cannot really help much here. I suggest that you read the "FAQ - Subtitles Encoding" in the AVStoDVD help file. Otherwise you have to wait for MrC to tackle the issue...

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search PM
    This time your problems have nothing to do with audio, it's the subtitle track which causes the trouble.

Unfortunately I am quite ignorant about subs, so I cannot really help much here. I suggest that you read the "FAQ - Subtitles Encoding" in the AVStoDVD help file. Otherwise you have to wait for MrC to tackle the issue...

Good luck
    manolito
    Thanks. I'll try downloading different subs for the documentary and get back. I sort of thought the subs might have caused it but don't know what to look for as far as "sub compatibility" other than knowing idx files don't work well and to stick with srt files. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Update: I wish that I had uploaded the SRT here, so that you could have tested it. I think I just downloaded another srt file and used it...
    Last edited by Nicety1; 8th Oct 2017 at 19:45. Reason: Add info
    Quote Quote  
  21. @Nicety

let's understand first if there are problem in extracting the SRT subs from the MKV: open the MKV using the demux tool (Tools > Demux File) and extract the SRT track.

If you are able to get the SRT file, you can either try to run again the project adding the SRT file as separate subs file or you can upload the SRT here, so that we can test it.

If you cannot extract the SRT file, well, big trouble. Upload the MKV somewhere for us to test it.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  22. A new 2.8.7 alpha release is available to download.

Change log (cumulative from 2.8.6):

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added support to WebM files (*.webm) as input files, subset of Matroska
    - Added warning messages when AVC/AAC title is added and Microsoft DTV-DVD decoders are default codecs
    - Added a warning message when input title has a DVD compliant audio track with delay, to force audio re-encode
    - Added check of .NET Framework 2 presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Added BDSup2Sub 5.1.2 to improve bitmap-based subs handling (resize and resync). It requires Java Runtime Environment
    - Added check of Java Runtime Environment presence in 'Preferences'/'System'/'Software Info'
    - Improved support of VobSub subtitles: resize and resync from BD sources is now implemented with BDSup2Sub
    - Improved handling of "non-mod4" interlaced sources within the AviSynth script generation routine
    - Revised video encoder smart selection rationale: no more HCenc VBR 1-pass for multicore CPUs
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.70.2
    - AVSMeter updated to release 2.6.5

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. I get this error when loading job lists. Runtime error 6 Overflow. Using A2D 2.8.4. Looks like A2D has problems loading large job list above 30KB. It loads fine when the job list is like 20KB.
    Last edited by digicube; 4th Oct 2017 at 21:36.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I must admit, I've not used this feature. According to the A2D help, only 30 items are allowed in the list. It doesn't say anything about the
    size in Kb.
    Have you tried this in the latest release? Perhaps it's already fixed.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Currently there is a limitation of the text lines number (32K) from the loading job list file. Next release will resolve this issue.

Thanks for the bug report

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    I have a problem with a conversion. I had two subtitles in this movie (The Mummy). One was regular English subs and the other one was subs ONLY for foreign parts (Egyptian I believe). I sought to make the foreign subs hard-coded but they were skipped altogether. Attaching the log. What did I do wrong?
    The hard-encode option is working only if you select to hard-encode the FIRST subs tracks. Just select the FORCED srt as first track and the REGULAR srt as second track. Then toggle on the hard-encode option for the FIRST track.

The Edit Title > Subtitles section GUI is a bit messy, need some optimization for the next release.

Bye
    Thanks. I'll try this!
    BTW, I tried it and it DID work! Thanks! Now do you know how -- once I get the forced subs for foreign parts hard-coded -- I can keep the first, forced, subs from being the FIRST SELECTION to TURN ON subs? Since those subs are hard-coded -- and can't be turned on or off -- there is no need for the selection to appear. Do you know how to turn that off?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    I'm going to upload the log as an attachment. I've seen others upload the entire text here as opposed to an attachment. Please let me know if that is the preferred way...
    Both methods are fine, no problem...

Your source audio is in the AC3+ format, but this is not compatible for DVDs. Your settings specify to keep DVD compliant audio, but AVStoDVD falsely assumes that AC3+ is DVD compliant which it is not.

You should try to disable the setting "Keep compliant audio" to force AVStoDVD to reencode the audio track.

Good luck
    manolito
    Thanks. I'll try this and let you know what happened.
    Now exactly WHAT I did the last time, I can't recall, but I DID get the movie converted. Can't say for sure if I just got frustrated and went to another source to convert. But I'm having the same problem. I GET NO AUDIO! I first tried to convert with the "Keep AC3/DTS/MP2 DVD Compliant Audio" dialog box ticked as it's my "default preference". I got no audio (log: Armed Response (2017) - (R) and tried again with the box, "Keep AC3/DTS/MP2 DVD Compliant Audio" UNticked. That log I'm also uploading: Armed Response (2017) - (R)_1. What'd I do wrong?
    Last edited by Nicety1; 10th Oct 2017 at 01:08.
    Quote Quote  
  28. @Nicety1

sorry, the forum rules do not allow to ask for (and to provide) help for illegally downloaded movies.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    @Nicety1

sorry, the forum rules do not allow to ask for (and to provide) help for illegally downloaded movies.

Bye
    That sounds good but who's to say I obtained it illegally? Perhaps someone purchased the dvd, made a legal backup copy, and decided to send me a link to download what he/she uploaded. You mustn't assume things.

BTW, you said "bye". Am I to read anything into that? That you won't respond to any more things I ask about conversion? That I am banned from the forum? That I should voluntarily leave for my own good? Expound, please/
    Last edited by Nicety1; 9th Oct 2017 at 11:18.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search PM
    @Nicety1

Bye
    Rules are HERE and they mention NOTHING of what you speak. Specifically, it says, "Backup: You have the right to make A backup of your media. You can back up AS MUCH (which would include making a copy for a friend) or as little as you wish."
    Quote Quote