VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors.
Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker or buy a VSO converter software :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 114 of 114
FirstFirst ... 14 64 104 112 113 114
Results 3,391 to 3,398 of 3398
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    I came across something I never saw before today, a file with compliant audio but with an audio delay of 168ms according to mediainfo.
    When AVStoDVD processes it and by default, the audio is kept as-is since it's compliant, the resulting DVD has audio that is not synced properly.

Forcing A2d to re-encode the audio fixes the problem, as well as manually cutting the audio ac3 by 168 ms in DelayCut and using that audio in A2D.
    This has always been the normal behavior of AVStoDSVD...

A2D corrects audio delays through an AviSynth command. But if the source audio is already DVD compliant (and you have ticked "Keep compliant audio") then AviSynth is not used at all for audio. FFmpeg is used for demuxing audio directly from the source file instead, and there is no provision for correcting audio delay here.

So you need to use some workaround, and you already found the right ones. Another possible workaround would be to tell A2D to create just elementary streams and then add the delay manually in the muxing or authoring stage.

For a DVD structure you would use Muxman which lets you add a delay. For a muxed MPEG2 file you can tell Mplex to add a delay with the "--sync-offset" parameter (here you need to specify a negative value for a positive audio delay and vice versa).

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 12th Jul 2017 at 15:29.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manolito wasn't sure if it was normal or not. Perhaps A2D should offer warning if the project has this scenario?
    Quote Quote  
  3. What can AVStoDVD do that DVDStyler cannot? I thinking of migrating to DVDStyler altogether.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVStoDVD and DVDStyler are very similar in their purpose to create video DVDs from all kinds of sources. But they come from different standpoints, and this shows up to now...

AVStoDVD always had the priority to offer high quality encoding. Earlier versions did not have any menu capabilities, these were added much later, and they still are somewhat limited. Conversion is based on AviSynth which makes it very powerful and versatile, but users who want to tweak things need to know the AviSynth syntax.

DVDStyler started as a pure authoring application with the option to create menus using DVDAuthor. In the beginning it did not support any transcoding, users had to provide DVD compliant sources to feed them to the authoring routines. Later Mr Thuering (the author) decided that he wanted a more universal software, and he added transcoding capabilities using FFmpeg. But he supported only basic CBR transcoding, which resulted in bad quality except for very high bitrate encodes. The current DVDStyler versions incorporate a FFmpeg VBR plugin which I made out of frustration from the previous bad quality, so today DVDStyler can create very high quality DVD output.

Which one you prefer is very much a matter of taste. I recommend to install both of them, you will soon see which one you prefer...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  5. OK. I'll try both for a while and decide. DVDStyler supports Avisynth too. Hopefully AVStoDVD will support chapters menu and thumbnails in the future.

Edit: Welp, it looks like I'm sticking with AVStoDVD. DVDStyler doesn't accept AVS files. I have to use Avisynth Virtual File System and DVDStyler froze/stalled when loading the 124GB AVI file AVFS creates.
    Last edited by digicube; 13th Jul 2017 at 22:27.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Why do you need to feed AVS scripts to the conversion software?

As you already found out DVDStyler will mostly crash when feeding an AVS script to it. And AVStoDVd (despite its name) is also not really good when you feed it with an AVS script...

Since AVStoDVD uses AviSynth it is not too hard to incorporate your AVS script by adding it to the AviSynth tab in the "Edit Title" window. This is a much safer way compared to using an AVS script as the input.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  7. A2D works fine with basic/simple Avisynth scripts but DVDStyler won't accept any AVS files despite it stating that it supports Avisynth and AVS files. Did the author drop this feature?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDStyler itself has no special code to support AVS scripts. It just uses FFmpeg's input capabilities, it is completely at the mercy of FFmpeg.

Starting from FFmpeg version 3.12 the interaction of FFmpeg with AviSynth has changed. In many cases it helps to add the "AviSynth\Plugins" folder to your "Path" environment variable, and also adding any folder from where you may load AVS plugins to the Path variable is a good idea.

//EDIT//
    BTW you did not make the bad mistake to try using a 64-bit version of DVDStyler with a 32-bit AviSynth version? This would never work...

Good luck
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 15th Jul 2017 at 00:12.
    Quote Quote