VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 112 of 137
FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 4096
Thread
  1. @manolito

Hi manolito I have a little issue. As you may remember I used to use ConvertXtoDvd to pop 2 pal movies on a DVD 4.7GB which when played by via my bluray player on my Old 26 " tv at 1080i (its max output) its looks very well and very good just as a up-scaled commercial DVD. The thing is on my new tv which is a 32" 1080p these conversions looks very pixelated especially in the darker scenes. ( I do understand that HD is Superior ect but I just want my conversion to look as close to the way the commercial or even they do on the 1080i set).

Now I think its down to the lower bitrate CXD uses for scenes that are darker as some of them are below 1mb so I think that why its pixelated and is a limitation of that programme Im thinking that avs2dvd with give better results in this area in the way it encodes?

Now I have since been using AVS2DVD for my other workflows as I do find it gives better quality. So I am thinking about using it to do my encoding for 2 movies on a dvd 4.7 usuing the Hc Encoder as I think this is far superior to what CXD uses. so Im hoping it will give better bit-rates through the movies especially the darker scenes and help with the pixelation.

The issue is I was having issues with AVS2DVD halfway through encoding and when i did get it to encode some parts of the final output would freeze when played back in vlc and the audio would cut in an out at times as well.

Now I have since did a complete uninstall of avstoDVD and all filters (including your plugins) and upgraded to a new fresh install of version 2.8.6. Im still getting this issue, I have not installed any of your stuff yet all is still at the defaults.

AT the moment my workflow is as planned:

- 2 separate DVDS Movies being ripped to MPEG files via VOB2MPG.
    - The two Mpeg files are added to avstodvd and the

- In the properties of each video file "auto video set up" & "video direct stream copy" are both unchecked so it fits the disc. And the output is selected as "Muxed Mpeg files" with a custom dvd size of 4300 as I use these in DVD styler for a menu template after I check all is playing well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I remember we had this conversation a while ago, and I will tell you the same thing I told you then:

IMO it is a very bad idea to squeeze 2 full movies on one DVD 5 blank. If the combined duration is 4 hours then you will end up with a video bitrate of 2300 kbps. This is simply not enough for getting good quality when compressing to MPEG2. DVD blanks are cheap these days, I see no reason to put 2 movies on one blank.

If you watch the result on a BluRay player then why don't you convert the DVDs to the AVC/AAC format in an MKV or MP4 container? With this compression format you will get excellent quality at bitrates well below 1500 kbps, so you could get 3 or 4 movies on one DVD 5 blank. The only drawback would be that there will be no menus (at least using free software - except for MultiAVCHD).

But back to your original issue. To get better quality at dark static areas HC has two parameters which assign more bits to those areas. These are the *AQ and the *LUMGAIN parameters. In AVStoDVD you can edit these parameters under the "Video" tab. I normally use a value of 2 for both parameters, but you might want to go higher for those very low bitrates.

I never had the problem that playback of HCenc encodes would freeze in VLC. Maybe try MPC-HC instead...

After a fresh installation of AVStoDVD please make absolutely sure to set up your preferred DirectShow Filters so LAVFilters is used for all formats. If you forget this then there is a fat chance that you will end up with audio sync problems.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi manolito
    Have you ever tried the combination of installing the Lav filters but not adjusting their priority?
    For common type like mp4/avc the MS filters get used but using your DSS2 mod to A2DSource.avsi also,
    I have not had any problems.

The LAV filters/splitter get used for webm/vp9 and similar which Windows 10 does not natively decode.

I've been using version 2.85 for about 4 months like this with no problems at all

I started to investigate this because with LAV filters and no DSS2 mod, I get "source mismatch" in HCenc which bothered me.

I did try using the Preferred filter too so LAV and DDS2 mod were used for everything, and it also worked fine.
    Since it did not seem to offer anything over the method I've been using for four months I undid the preferred filter
    and put it back to defaut.
    Quote Quote  
  4. @manolito

After a fresh installation of AVStoDVD please make absolutely sure to set up your preferred DirectShow Filters so LAVFilters is used for all formats. If you forget this then there is a fat chance that you will end up with audio sync problems.
    Thanks that seems to have solved the issue of the playback I has the filters set to microsoft for some reason probably due to the fresh install maybe.

IMO it is a very bad idea to squeeze 2 full movies on one DVD 5 blank. If the combined duration is 4 hours then you will end up with a video bitrate of 2300 kbps. This is simply not enough for getting good quality when compressing to MPEG2. DVD blanks are cheap these days, I see no reason to put 2 movies on one blank.
    Yes I am understanding you know on the subject of squeezing 2 movies on one dvd 4.7GB disc (and to think of all the discs I have converted in the last year like this makes me wanna cry ) but at least I can make sure future conversions don't go this way with lower bitrate.

If I used 8.5gb discs would This improve quality for mpeg dvds as it would have more space so less compression would be needed for my double feature discs?

If you watch the result on a BluRay player then why don't you convert the DVDs to the AVC/AAC format in an MKV or MP4 container? With this compression format you will get excellent quality at bitrates well below 1500 kbps, so you could get 3 or 4 movies on one DVD 5 blank. The only drawback would be that there will be no menus (at least using free software - except for MultiAVCHD).
    This Never even crossed my mind. Would they be of good quality in the AVC/AAC Format? I like the idea of 3 or 4 movues on a disc with a menu. what programs is best to use for the conversion, maybe handbrake? and what settings/profile would you suggest to use?

Thanks

jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @davexnet

Frankly, I don't know. My main computer runs Win XP, and the Preferred DirectShow Filters issue does not exist there. Whichever filters are installed last will get priority over previously installed filters.

I started investigating these DS filter issues after some Youtube downloads with dimensions that were not mod4 resulted in broken conversions. Replacing DirectShowSource.dll with DSS2Mod fixed it, so I started using DSS2Mod from there. The issues with Microsoft DS filters surfaced after a couple of users complained about audio sync errors when using the M$ filters under Win7 and above. The cause are source files with orphaned B-frames at the start which are handled correctly by LAV and ffms2 (and of course by Donald Graft's source filters), but not by the M$ filters. Since then the universal recommendation is to disable all M$ DS filters and replace them with LAVFilters (or maybe ffdshow).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jjcinema1 View Post
    If I used 8.5gb discs would This improve quality for mpeg dvds as it would have more space so less compression would be needed for my double feature discs?
    Yes of course. This would double your video bitrate so your encodes would certainly look much better.

This Never even crossed my mind. Would they be of good quality in the AVC/AAC Format? I like the idea of 3 or 4 movues on a disc with a menu. what programs is best to use for the conversion, maybe handbrake? and what settings/profile would you suggest to use?
    For AVC (H.264) the preferred conversion method is the CRF method (constand rate factor). This is a quality based VBR method so you have no control over the final output size. The default CRF value is 23, but this gives only medium quality. For DVD conversions I use CRF 20, for highest quality you can go down to 18 or 17, but this is almost overkill. You need to make your own tests.

There are many free GUIs for X264, but AFAIK the only one which creates menus is MultiAVCHD. I have no experience at all with this program, so you need to check it out yourself. Otherwise one of the easiest GUIs is HandBrake followed by RipBot264. MeGUI and StaxRip are more powerful but have a steeper learning curve. One of my personal favorites is dmMediaConverter. Basically this is just a GUI frontend for FFmpeg, but it is extremely easy to use and delivers great quality.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 29th May 2017 at 13:25.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ Manolito

Yes of course. This would double your video bitrate so your encodes would certainly look much better.
    ok I think i will try out the same methos Im using only I will change from 4.7GB siscs to 8.5GB discs, as I said I like the idea of using the AVC (H.264) method but it seems a lot of steps and my pc takes a long tome to convert the footage to mkv so sticking with mpeg sems to be better for me at the moment.

so typically what bitrate can I be looking at for 4 hours on a 8.5GB disc?

according to wikipedia on DVD information:

"Professionally encoded videos average a bitrate of 4–5 Mbit/s with a maximum of 7–8 Mbit/s in high-action scenes. Encoding at less than the max bitrate (like this) is typically done to allow greater compatibility among players,[14] and to help prevent buffer underruns in the case of dirty or scratched discs"

I think 4 hours is more satifacty on an 8.5GB disc than trying to squeeze them onto a 4.7GB disc. Also in your opinion what bitrate is the minium interms of quality that you would use? From what I read on line anything below 3MB (3000kp/s) is regarding as useless and leads to pixelation so what value would be more than acceptable to use?

Thanks

jjcinema1
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 30th May 2017 at 13:20.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    According to my DVD bitrate calculator you will end up with a video bitrate of 4438 kbps which is a good value for a DVD.

It is impossible to set a threshold for the video bitrate for good quality. This depends a lot on the source characteristics, i.e. the compressibility of the source. A clip which contains only talking heads without any action scenes is much easier to compress than an action movie. For the talking heads clip you may get excellent quality at a bitrate below 2000 kbps, for the action movie even 5000 kbps might not be enough for a conversion without noticeable artifacts.

Some clips can be filtered to make them more compressible without compromising the quality too much. Removing some grain or applying some temporal softening can work wonders.

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Images  
    Quote Quote  
  9. @ Manolito

According to my DVD bitrate calculator you will end up with a video bitrate of 4438 kbps which is a good value for a DVD.

It is impossible to set a threshold for the video bitrate for good quality. This depends a lot on the source characteristics, i.e. the compressibility of the source. A clip which contains only talking heads without any action scenes is much easier to compress than an action movie. For the talking heads clip you may get excellent quality at a bitrate below 2000 kbps, for the action movie even 5000 kbps might not be enough for a conversion without noticeable artifacts.

Some clips can be filtered to make them more compressible without compromising the quality too much. Removing some grain or applying some temporal softening can work wonders.
    Thanks Manolito for the advice. I will try out the conversion using 8.5GB discs at a bitrate of 4438kbps as i think i would probably get about that for a single movie on one dvd 4.7GB Disc. As long it xlears the pixelation in the darker scenes when watched back on the 1080p tv it should be perfect for me, as I said im very happy with teh way the comercial DVDs upscale so if i can get my conversion close to that It be nice and good enough.

also I like the bitrate calculator you are using I must download that and keep it for future use. A handy little tool to have indeed my friend.

Thanks

jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
  10. @ Manolito

Just an update here. I got hold of some 8.GB discs and did a few conversions with bitrate around the 4500kbps setting and all seems to be better. Ther are are few small block/pixel effects at some ery very dark scenes but that maybe down to the scaler in either the player or the tv possibly, overall using the larger disc has greatly improved everything overall.

Thanks
    ]jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone still interested in High Quality conversions to DVD using FFmpeg?

My FFmpeg VBR plugins use XHQ parameters developped mainly by a Doom9 forum user Fishman0919. Just a few days ago another Doom9 forum member GMJCZP posted some very interesting parameters for FFmpeg HQ encodes, and I would really like some folks to test and compare the results when using these different parameters.

To make testing easy I wrote a quick and dirty test bench script which can be downloaded from here:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1808832#post1808832

Please test and post your comments...

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    Made a new test bench script, please redownload...
    Last edited by manolito; 7th Jun 2017 at 11:36.
    Quote Quote  
  12. @manolito

I have a few conversion projects coming up and I would like to test your new FFMPEG set up out. For some reason im still having issue with Hcenc so I will probably have to go back to FFMPEG. As we discussed before I will be putting 2 movies on a dvd 8.5GB disc and if I remember correctly you told me that AVS2DVD will do a better quality conversion over ConvertXdvd even when usimg your vbr plugin. so I think i will stick with this software.

To make things easier I have done a complete unistall of avs2dvd and a fresh install, so do I just reinstall your FFMPEG VBR plugin and work from there?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @manolito

To make things easier I have done a complete unistall of avs2dvd and a fresh install, so do I just reinstall your FFMPEG VBR plugin and work from there?

Thanks
    Yes, just make sure to use the latest plugin version from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_addons/Plugins/ff_vbr%20(ffmp...0VBR%20modes)/

(And don't forget to set your DirectShow filters to LAV... )

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes, just make sure to use the latest plugin version from here:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/avstodvd/files/avstodvd_addons/Plugins/ff_vbr%20(ffmp...0VBR%20modes)/

(And don't forget to set your DirectShow filters to LAV... )

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks, I also ment to ask in avs2dvd version 2.8.6 is the lastest version of FFMPEG (2.22) included with install or do you still suggest updating it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have no idea if there were any significant changes in the FFmpeg MPEG2 encoder recently. I think the version which comes with the A2D installer is fine. Of course you can update FFmpeg, but the latest versions require that you add the AVStoDVD\Lib folder to your path environment variable.

The latest FFmpeg version which works without any trouble is this one from July 2016:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpegwindowsbi/files/2016-07-18/ffmpeg.static.2016-0...e.zip/download

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  16. I have no idea if there were any significant changes in the FFmpeg MPEG2 encoder recently. I think the version which comes with the A2D installer is fine. Of course you can update FFmpeg, but the latest versions require that you add the AVStoDVD\Lib folder to your path environment variable.

The latest FFmpeg version which works without any trouble is this one from July 2016:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpegwindowsbi/files/2016-07-18/ffmpeg.static.2016-0...e.zip/download

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks I will just stick with the one that comes with the release and make sure to update your vbr plugin to the latested one.
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all, ran into a problem today, so the file I am trying to convert is in sync before conversion, but after conversion with either the audio delay fix ticked or unticked the file always ends up out of sync after conversion, one o the logs is below, help greatly appreciated thanks

<6/14/2017 8:14:11 PM>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Video Standard: NTSC
    DVD Titles number: 1
    DVD Size: 3841/4450 MB (86%)
    DVD Output Setup: ISO UDF Image
    DVD Label: DVD
    DVD Menu: Motion Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\blood\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: No
    Delete Temp Working Files: Yes
    Edit Command Parameters: No
    Post Process Task: Show Progress Status window

PREFERENCES

MultiThread: 1
    AVS Video Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS Audio Source Filter: A2DSource
    AVS UpSize/DownSize Filter: Lanczos4Resize/Spline16Resize
    Frame Adjust Strategy: 0
    FPS Hard Conversion: 0
    PAL SpeedUp: 0
    NTSC SlowDown: 0
    Video Resolution: 0
    Video Encoder: 3
    Video BitRate Min: 4500
    Video BitRate Max: 5200
    Keep DVD Compliant Video: 1
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 0
    Force FFmpeg for Long Audio: 1
    DVD Audio Format: 0
    DVD Audio BitRate: 448
    Keep DVD Compliant Audio: 1
    Normalize Audio: 0
    Auto Delay Audio: 0
    DVD Audio Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Audio Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Primary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Language (Secondary): EN - English
    DVD Subs Font: Tahoma 16pt (255,255,255)
    Chapters Interval: 5
    Use Source Chapters: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: D: ASUS DRW-24F1MT 1.00
    DVD Burning Speed: 4x
    Auto Erase DVD RW: 1
    Execute with Elevated Privileges: 1
    Unload ActiveMovie Library: 1
    Adjust DirectShow Filters at runtime: 1
    Save General Settings: 1

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz
    Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0.15063) 64 bit
    User has Admin Rights: YES
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (3)
    Available Output Disc Space: 105 GB
    AviSynth is installed: YES (release 2.6.0)
    LAV Filters is installed: YES (release 0.69.0)
    ffdshow is installed: NO

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
    Xvid: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    DivX 4/5/6: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    Other MPG4: Mpeg4s Decoder DMO {2A11BAE2-FE6E-4249-864B-9E9ED6E8DBC2}
    DV: DV Video Decoder {B1B77C00-C3E4-11cf-AF79-00AA00B67A42}
    MPEG1: MPEG Video Codec {feb50740-7bef-11ce-9bd9-0000e202599c}
    MPEG2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder {212690FB-83E5-4526-8FD7-74478B7939CD}
    MP2: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
    MP3: MP3 Decoder DMO {BBEEA841-0A63-4F52-A7AB-A9B3A84ED38A}
    AAC: Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder {E1F1A0B8-BEEE-490D-BA7C-066C40B5E2B9}
    AC3: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\alt.binaries.mom\done\fil e1 720p BluRay X264-SPOOKS\file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.mkv
    Info: AVC - 5238 kbps - 1280x688 - DAR 1.86 - 23.976 fps (CFR) - Progressive - 1:32:43 hours - 133380 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\blood\Downloads\alt.binaries.mom\done\fil e1 720p BluRay X264-SPOOKS\file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.mkv
    Info: DTS - 1509 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 24 bit - 1:32:43 hours (0 ms delay) - EN
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    Import("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\A2DSource.avsi")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\blood\Downloads\alt.binar ies.mom\done\file1 720p BluRay X264-SPOOKS\file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp", VFR=false, FrameRateNum=2997, FrameRateDen=125, FrameRate=23.976)
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\blood\Downloads\alt.binar ies.mom\done\file1 720p BluRay X264-SPOOKS\file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.mkv", CacheFolder="C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.AddBorders(0,16,0,16)
    Video = Video.Spline16Resize(720,480)
    #PullDown: using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

DIRECTSHOW AUDIO MIXER OPERATIONS:
    No LAV Filters mixer ON/OFF adjustment required at runtime
    <>

START VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Encoding Profile: HCenc VBR 2-pass
    Target Video FileSize: 3448.4 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_file1.720p. bluray.x264-spooks.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_file1.720p.b luray.x264-spooks_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_file1.720p.b luray.x264-spooks.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 5200
    *PROFILE BEST
    *ASPECT 16:9
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 50
    *DC_PREC 9
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY NORMAL
    *DBPATH C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<6/14/2017 8:57:37 PM>
    END VIDEO ENCODING OPERATIONS
    Video Source Filter: A2DSource (DirectShowSource)
    Created File: C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks.m2v (3436.5 MB)
    OUTPUT VIDEO INFO: MPEG-2 Video - 5181 kbps - 720x480 - DAR 16:9 - 23.976 fps - Progressive (2:3 Pulldown) - 1:32:43 hours - 166723 frames
    <>

<6/14/2017 8:57:37 PM>
    START AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Wavi+Aften Parameters: "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_file1.720p. bluray.x264-spooks_1.avs" - | "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 448 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 -readtoeof 1 - "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks_1.ac3"
    <>

<6/14/2017 8:59:23 PM>
    END AUDIO ENCODING OPERATIONS (Track 1)
    Audio Source Filter: A2DSource (FFmpegSource2 (cache off))
    Created File: C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks_1.ac3 (297.1 MB)
    OUTPUT AUDIO INFO: AC3 - 448 kbps - CBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 1:32:43 hours (0 ms delay)
    <>

DVD CHAPTERS CREATION OPERATIONS
    Title 1 Input Chapters List: 14892 44097 71345 103561 129545
    Title 1 Output Chapters List: 18614 55121 89181 129451 161931
    Created File: C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x264-spooks_Chapters.txt (39 Byte)
    <>

START DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    DVD Menu settings:
    Style: 1
    Aspect Ratio: 1
    Titles Format: 1
    Template: Blue Rain
    Max Titles Page: 3
    Enable Play All: 1
    Force Play All: 0
    Background Audio: 0
    Max Thumbs Row: 4
    Thumb Image Source: 0
    Thumb Frame Position: 10%
    HL Frame Format: 0
    HL Selection Color: 5
    HL Play Color: 0
    Menu Video BitRate: 6000 kbps
    Motion Menu Duration: 15 seconds
    Thumb Drop Shadow: 2
    Play All Shadow: 2
    Arrows Shadow: 0
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:00:05 PM>
    END DVD MENU BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File (Menu Page 1): C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_MenuPage1.m2v (10.7 MB)
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:00:05 PM>
    START DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    BatchMux Parameters: -arglist "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_BatchMux.in i"
    BatchMux ini file:
    -bmlog "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_BatchMux.lo g"
    -d "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD\VIDEO_TS"
    -mxp "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_MuxMan. mxp"
    -l "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_MuxMan. log"
    -muxman "C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\MuxMan"
    -prio NORMAL
    -palette "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_Palette.txt "
    -v "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks.m2v"
    -vidmode LB
    -a1 "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks_1.ac3"
    -a1lang en
    -cellfr "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks_Chapters.txt"
    -progfr "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks_Chapters.txt"
    -chapfr "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_file1.720p.bluray.x 264-spooks_Chapters.txt"
    -SEG2v "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_MenuPage1.m2v"
    -SEG2vidmode LB
    -SEG2s1 "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD_Menu.sst"
    -SEG2s1dmode WIDE_LB
    -SEG2hlmnu "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_MenuPage1_B uttons.mnu"
    -SEG2hlcsm "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_HighlightSc heme.csm
    -hcn "C:\Users\blood\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_BatchMux.hc n"
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:04:31 PM>
    END DVD AUTHORING OPERATIONS
    Created Folder: C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD (3820.9 MB)

CHECK DVD SIZE
    DVD Folder (actual) Size: 3820.9 MB
    vs Assets Size: 3744.2 MB -> OK
    vs Estimated Size: 3841 MB -> 0.5% undersize
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:04:31 PM>
    START ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    ImgBurn (ISO) Parameters: /mode isobuild /buildmode imagefile /src "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD\VIDEO_TS" /dest "C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD.iso" /volumelabel "DVD" /filesystem "ISO9660 + UDF" /udfrevision "1.02" /overwrite yes /noimagedetails /start /close
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:07:05 PM>
    END ISO IMAGE BUILDING OPERATIONS
    Created File: C:\Users\blood\Videos\DVD.iso (3.7 GB)
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:07:05 PM>
    AVStoDVD Project ended successfully.
    <>

<6/14/2017 9:07:06 PM>
    Log file created by AVStoDVD Release 2.8.6
    <>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And once again...

Look here:
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread/page106#post2460122

Didn't you see the warning which AVStoDVD issues on the first run after installation?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  19. Is it possible to enable PLAY ALL without a menu for multiple titles so I can keep pressing next chapter until end of disc?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Multiple titles but no DVD menu? I think this is determined by the player and they're not all the same.
    My 10 year old Samsung has a small menu where I can select the other titles, don't think it goes to them automatically.
    Quote Quote  
  21. That's a bummer.
    Last edited by digicube; 20th Jun 2017 at 02:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suggest to use DVDStyler for this, for stuff like this it is way more flexible than AVStoDVD...

You can delete the menu, then add titles "as chapters". If you already converted your sources with AVStoDVD, no problem, DVDStyler can use them without reencoding.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. Thanks for the recommendation. Hope that software produce as good quality image as AVStoDVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    DVDStyler only uses FFmpeg for transcoding, but my 2-pass VBR plugin is integrated transparently. The plugin has an Extremely High Quality 2-pass mode which comes very close to HCenc (some folks say that it surpasses it). Something every user needs to test for herself...

But you can easily use AVStoDVD for transcoding and use DVDStyler just for authoring. Tell AVStoDVD to create a muxed MPEG2 file, import these MPEG2 files into DVDStyler and specify "Copy" for video and audio.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys I've been fighting with this all day and all I've got was a headache

All I get is this "Error Message: Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected" I have used this program for a long time without error, until now..

I have added the log..<24/06/2017 20:29:25>
    START PROCESS
    <>

<24/06/2017 20:29:25>
    PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Size: 4449/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Menu: No Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Mark\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes

PREFERENCES

Video Encoder: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 3
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: F: ATAPI iHAS324 B AL1B
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600) 64 bit
    Running with Elevated Privileges: YES
    Available Output Disc Space: 133 GB

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Xvid: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DivX 4/5/6: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Other MPG4: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DV: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG1: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG2: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MP2: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    MP3: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    AAC: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.B luRay.x264.anoXmous\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.Blu Ray.x264.anoXmous_.mp4
    Info: AVC - 2111 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 16:9 - 23.976 fps - Progressive - 3:12:44 hours - 277250 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.B luRay.x264.anoXmous\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.Blu Ray.x264.anoXmous_.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 384 kbps - VBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 3:12:44 hours (0 ms delay) - EN
    Subs 1: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.B luRay.x264.anoXmous\The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.Blu Ray.x264.anoXmous_eng.srt
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_en g.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\ColorMatrix.dll")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\The.Right.St uff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous\The.Right.Stuf f.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRateNum=2997, FrameRateDen=125, FrameRate=23.976)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\The.Right.St uff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous\The.Right.Stuf f.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

<>

Target Video FileSize: 3679.3 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_The.Right.St uff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_The.Right.Stu ff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous__1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Mark\Videos\DVD_The.Right.Stuff.1983.1080 p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_The.Right.Stu ff.1983.1080p.BluRay.x264.anoXmous_.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 2669
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 30
    *DC_PREC 8
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *DBPATH C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<24/06/2017 20:31:33>
    Process aborted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.

Error Message: Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (03:12:44).

For Video issues troubleshooting see Help/FAQ/Video section.
    <>

Warning! AVStoDVD Project ended with errors.
    <>

<>
    Last edited by Mag107; 24th Jun 2017 at 07:21. Reason: Spelling
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Mag107,

the error message is quite clear:
    The output video duration is shorter than expected because the video was not encoded at all. I believe the reason for this is that AVStoDVD and the helper applications cannot handle your file and folder names. A few things from your log:
    Stuf f, St uff, Blu Ray, B luRay

All these space characters shouldn't be there. In the Windows console all parameter strings cannot be longer than 128 characters, and in your case the length goes up to 230 characters. This will never work.

To fix the problem rename your source file first to something like "MyVideo.mp4", put it into a folder with a short name (and avoid dot characters in folder names). Then try again...

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manolito for your help but the results are the still the same!

But here is something I notice when placing the cursor over the folder, it still shows up the old file name or does that even matter?
    [Attachment 42049 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There is something wrong with the way you tried to rename the file. But I really cannot provide a tutorial about Windows basics, do some research please...
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks again, I removed the folder contents and deleted the folder and then made a new folder and put the files back in and if I now move the cursor back over it shows the correct folder name..

Put that through and still have the same error..

<24/06/2017 22:35:47>
    START PROCESS
    <>

PROJECT SETTINGS

DVD Size: 4450/4450 MB (100%)
    DVD Output Setup: DVD Folder
    DVD Menu: Static Menu
    Output Folder: C:\Users\Mark\Videos
    Delete Temp Assets Files: Yes

PREFERENCES

Video Encoder: 0
    Video BitRate Min: 2500
    Video BitRate Max: 8500
    AC3 Audio Encoder: 3
    DVD Audio BitRate: 192
    Auto Delay Audio: 1
    DVD Burning Drive: F: ATAPI iHAS324 B AL1B
    Save General Settings: 0

SYSTEM INFO

Processor Name: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 (6.3.9600) 64 bit
    Running with Elevated Privileges: NO (3)
    Available Output Disc Space: 138 GB

CODECS REPORT

H.264/AVC: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Xvid: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DivX 4/5/6: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    Other MPG4: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    DV: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG1: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MPEG2: LAV Video Decoder {EE30215D-164F-4A92-A4EB-9D4C13390F9F}
    MP2: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    MP3: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}
    AAC: LAV Audio Decoder {E8E73B6B-4CB3-44A4-BE99-4F7BCB96E491}

<>

TITLE 1 SOURCE FILES
    Video: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\MyVideo mp4.mp4
    Info: AVC - 2111 kbps - 1920x1080 - DAR 16:9 - 23.976 fps - Progressive - 3:12:44 hours - 277250 frames
    Audio 1: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\MyVideo mp4.mp4
    Info: AAC LC - 384 kbps - VBR - 6 ch - 48000 Hz - 3:12:44 hours (0 ms delay) - EN
    Subs 1: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\The Right Stuff 1983 eng.srt
    Info: SubRip (SRT) - The Right Stuff 1983 eng.srt
    [MediaInfoLib - v0.7.77]
    <>

AVISYNTH SCRIPT
    LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files (x86)\AVStoDVD\Lib\ColorMatrix.dll")

Video = A2DVideoSource("C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\MyVideo mp4.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp", FrameRateNum=2997, FrameRateDen=125, FrameRate=23.976)
    # Audio is frameserved by AviSynth just for Preview and Edit purposes.
    Audio = A2DAudioSource("C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\MyVideo mp4.mp4", CacheFolder="C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp")

Video = Video.ColorMatrix(source=0,dest=2)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    <>

<>

Target Video FileSize: 3679.3 MB
    Encoding Parameters: -ini "C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MyVide o mp4.HCenc.ini"
    HCenc ini file:
    *INFILE C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MyVideo mp4_1.avs
    *AVSRELOAD
    *OUTFILE C:\Users\Mark\Videos\DVD_2_MyVideo mp4.m2v
    *LOGFILE C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2_MyVideo mp4.HCenc.log
    *MAXBITRATE 9000
    *BITRATE 2669
    *PROFILE BEST
    *PROGRESSIVE
    *TFF
    *PULLDOWN
    *BIAS 30
    *DC_PREC 8
    *MATRIX MPEG
    *AQ 1
    *LUMGAIN 1
    *SMP
    *PRIORITY IDLE
    *DBPATH C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp
    *WAIT 2
    <>

<24/06/2017 22:38:15>
    Process aborted during Title 1 VIDEO encoding operations.

Error Message: Warning! Title 1 output Video duration (00:00:00) is shorter than expected duration (03:12:44).

For Video issues troubleshooting see Help/FAQ/Video section.
    <>

Warning! AVStoDVD Project ended with errors.
    <>

<>
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Weird, it looks like AVStoDVD messes up the name of the HCenc.ini file:
    DVD_2_MyVide o mp4.HCenc.ini

Do you notice the space character?
    Your file and folder names are legal now (while not exactly too elegant).
    Video: C:\Users\Mark\Desktop\MyVideo mp4\MyVideo mp4.mp4

"mp4" shows up in the folder name and twice in the file name. Did you set up your folder options so known extensions will not be visible in Explorer?

Whatever, it should not cause HCenc to fail IMO. Something that MrC should have a look at...

In the meantime you can try to force FFmpeg as your encoder. If this works, but you are unhappy with the quality, try my FF_VBR plugin...

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    Just tried to reproduce your issue by renaming the source file and source folder similarly to your settings. But on my computer AVStoDVD and HCenc behaved like they should, no problems whatsoever. I am running WinXP here, maybe I will test Win7-64bit later today...
    Last edited by manolito; 24th Jun 2017 at 11:05.
    Quote Quote