thank you!
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    And another new version of my plugin pack for AVStoDVD:

Until now the Wavi_Mod plugin required that the AVStoDVD executable had to patched. This was very clumsy, and some users had problems with this requirement. So I decided to revamp Wavi_Mod so patching is no longer necessary...

Until now I had hacked Wavi.exe to access the parameters issued by AVStoDVD. I moved this to FFmpeg.exe, so now in order to invoke the plugin the audio conversion method must be set to "FFmpeg (AviSynth)" instead of the previous "Wavi + Aften".

Everything else stays the same, there is no new functionality. The "hacked" FFmpeg.exe now works for both FFmpeg_VBR and for Wavi_Mod.

Before installing the new version of Wavi_Mod please uninstall the previous version. Also make sure to replace the patched "AVStoDVD.exe" with the original unpatched version.

Download from here:
    http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/jEJQOuPq/file.html

Cheers
    manolito

Thanks for your work on this.

Just a side note: I'm wondering how you managed to get Zippyshare to "behave" ? For a long time, it had been one of the most lenient and congenial of the cyberhost services -- so long as users did not mind having to deal with a lot of smaller pieces for larger files. (Maybe that's it: because this was a single, small file ?) There did not even seem to be a "Premium" paid option that was evident. More recently, they have become a major PITA, with the download button not doing what it was supposed to, lots of popup windows opening and attempted page redirections, when you tried to download something. Thanks to NoScript and other steps, I've been able to wend my way around this minefield. But there was no sign of that problem with this download.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Need help with setup...
    I've AVStoDVD (286_Alpha170131_NoInstall) on XP SP3 (32bit) and got it working but it's using Microsoft filters.
    I'd like to use the superior LAV filters. I read that version 0.59.1 was the last to work with my OS but AVStoDVD is throwing an error saying they're not updated.
    I haven't configured anything because I don't know how.
    Lil' help?
    Thx
    Last edited by zoobie; 9th Apr 2017 at 11:57.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zoobie View Post
    Need help with setup...
    I've AVStoDVD (286_Alpha170131_NoInstall) on XP SP3 (32bit) and got it working but it's using Microsoft filters.
    I'd like to use the superior LAV filters. I read that version 0.59.1 was the last to work with my OS but AVStoDVD is throwing an error saying they're not updated.
    Lil' help?
    Thx
    I ran into the same problem. I was able to solve this by re-installing the latest stable LAV Filters, and then running AVS2DVD with admin rights. This way it let me change the codec settings.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
  5. @zoobie

there are some info to deepen:

1. LAV Filters 0.69 (included in AVStoDVD 2.8.6 Final) requires at least XP SP3, and you have. You should be able to install LAV Filters 0.69

2. If you have installed LAV Filters 0.59.1 on XP, then LAV Filters will take the higher merits, overriding MS codecs, very few in XP indeed. No need to change the preferred codecs in XP. That change is necessary and more tricky with Win7 and newer MS OS.

3. AVStoDVD does not make any sanity check about LAV Filters version. What error are you getting, exactly, and when? You can safely use LAV Filters 0.59.1 with AVStoDVD. Better if you use release 0.69, of course.

4. If you have installed any codecs packs, please, do unistall all of them and use only LAV Filters.

@leghorn

could you please specify better what "same" problem did you get? Unable to use LAV Filters vs Microsoft codecs? Unable to use an old version of LAV Filters? Thanks anyway for sharing your experience.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I took out 0.59.1 and installed 0.69 and rebooted.
    I don't have any codec packs installed.
    The LAV buttons are active in the Preferred DirectShow codecs setup but when I click them, I still get ERROR! H.264 preferred codec NOT updated...
    At the bottom, it says User has Admin rights: YES
    A2D is running with elevated privileges: NO (I tried setting this to yes but it won't take)
    Last edited by zoobie; 9th Apr 2017 at 17:04.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No it doesn't...

Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    2. If you have installed LAV Filters 0.59.1 on XP, then LAV Filters will take the higher merits, overriding MS codecs, very few in XP indeed. No need to change the preferred codecs in XP. That change is necessary and more tricky with Win7 and newer MS OS.

@zoobie

Please reread MrC's answer. Under WinXP the whole procedure to set the preferred DirectShow filters is not working, because under WinXP this is not necessary. When you install DirectShow Filters, Windows will assign a "merit" value to them. When more than one filter is present for a file format, then WinXP will use the filter which has the higher merit. Usually this means that whichever filter gets installed last, this filter will will get a merit value above the one(s) which is/are already installed.

This whole thing changed significantly with Windows 7 and above. There now is a Registry Key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectShow\ Preferred" which has all the Microsoft filters in it. Win7 will use the filters from this key regardless of the filter merit, and this new "feature" causes all kinds of trouble. The AVStoDVD option to set the preferred DS filters changes the entries in this reg key to LAV (or ffdshow).

@Seeker47

I have no idea why Zippyshare treats my uploads better than others. I certainly did not do anything special when uploading the file. I have noticed that lately they open a new advertising window whenever I download a file, but I have not noticed other bad things (I use a custom Hosts file which blocks tracking and most ads).

Of course I am open to use different file hosters as long as they do not require to open an account. So Google Drive or similar cloud services are out of the question. I used SendSpace for a long time, but a while ago they became real slow. WeTransfer is another option for me, but they always delete the upload after only 1 week which is a little bit short for me.

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	preferred filters.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	41176  

Last edited by manolito; 9th Apr 2017 at 18:35.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I get it now...Thanks all.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was also wondering about webm.
    I changed the extension of a webm to mp4 and it worked...kinda. It's in sync but has a weird frame size (squished vertically). Is there a way to assign a correct framesize when re-encoding?
    Thx
    Last edited by zoobie; 10th Apr 2017 at 14:03.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have zero experience with webm. Can you upload a short sample?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    [...]
    @leghorn

could you please specify better what "same" problem did you get? Unable to use LAV Filters vs Microsoft codecs? Unable to use an old version of LAV Filters? Thanks anyway for sharing your experience.
    The "same problem" zoobie had: the codecs choice couldn't be updated. Only after running in admin mode I was able to do that.
    Das Leben ist eine Nebelwand voller Rasierklingen. (C. Bukowski)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Need help with setup...
    Lil' help?
    Thx

You could also try Win7DSFilterTweaker, this version should also work on WinXP and above

https://d1ob5g40gc5b6g.cloudfront.net/41/404313/844146/Win7DSFilterTweaker_5.6.exe

I've used this tool to force change the codecs to LAV filters in the past as Microsoft assumes its the best (which it isn't and WILL likely cause out of sync errors) and refuses to change the codecs

It runs from where you download it and shoudl only take a few seconds to download as its less than 1MB filesize, and change the codecs to LAV filters

The current version is here if you want to try it as well, with an explanation of what it does and why

https://www.codecguide.com/windows7_preferred_filter_tweaker.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi steptoe,

you are right, but all this does not apply to Windows XP. In XP there simply is no Registry key for preferred DirectShow filters. The filters with the highest merit are the "preferred" filters under XP, and this will normally be the filters which were installed last.

Example: You have ffdshow installed, so AVStoDVD uses the ffdshow filters. You can check this by building the Filter Graph (the option is under "Codecs"). Then you install LAV Filters without uninstalling ffdshow first, and then you build the Filter Graph again. Now the LAV filters will be used instead of ffdshow.

BTW have you tried my latest incarnation of the Wavi_Mod plugin? It no longer requires that the AVStoDVD executable has to be patched, should make things a bit easier...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by leghorn View Post
    The "same problem" zoobie had: the codecs choice couldn't be updated. Only after running in admin mode I was able to do that.
    As explained in Help/FAQ/GUI/Q2.7

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've a mp4 that someone flipped horizontally and needs to be flipped back. Is there a setting?
    Quote Quote  
  16. Does ColorMatrix works with 10 bit MKV? I get green flickers.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've a mp4 that someone flipped horizontally and needs to be flipped back. Is there a setting?

How about adding this line:
    Video = Video.FlipHorizontal()
    to your AVS script?

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 14th Apr 2017 at 18:08.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Does ColorMatrix works with 10 bit MKV? I get green flickers.
    For DVD output the source MKV has to be converted to 8-bit anyways. What happens if you shift the ColorMatrix command to a position after the "ConvertToYV12() command?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  19. Yeah that'll probably fix it. It fixed Textsub() issue subtitles not appearing on 10 bit videos so it'll probably fixed the green flickers too.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    So I'm trying to convert H.264 videos down to DVD format for archival purposes. I'm testing out some Bandicam captures just to get my workflow started before I start ripping things from my DVR.

Problem is, every time I use AVStoDVD to try to create the DVD file structure, the resulting .vob files come out as 29.97 progressive, when they should be 59.94 interlaced (the footage I want to capture is live sporting events).

I tested some DV camera footage, and AVStoDVD seemed to render that out just fine.

Is there a wrench in the gears somewhere?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by CursedLemon View Post
    So I'm trying to convert H.264 videos down to DVD format for archival purposes. I'm testing out some Bandicam captures just to get my workflow started before I start ripping things from my DVR.

Problem is, every time I use AVStoDVD to try to create the DVD file structure, the resulting .vob files come out as 29.97 progressive, when they should be 59.94 interlaced (the footage I want to capture is live sporting events).

I tested some DV camera footage, and AVStoDVD seemed to render that out just fine.

Is there a wrench in the gears somewhere?
    For any question like this, asking about WHY or HOW something happened in A2D,
    please provide the AVStoDVD log showing the problem
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    By default AVStoDVD will convert interlaced sources as interlaced. To detect if the source is progressive or interlaced A2D relies on MediaInfo. So it looks like MediaInfo cannot detect your source correctly.

Workaround:
    Load the source clip into AVStoDVD, then right-click on the title and click "Edit Source Title Info -> Video Scan Type". Change the scan type to "Interlaced", start the conversion.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Never mind, Manolitos answer is better than mine
    Quote Quote  
  24. Chicken McNewblet
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    By default AVStoDVD will convert interlaced sources as interlaced. To detect if the source is progressive or interlaced A2D relies on MediaInfo. So it looks like MediaInfo cannot detect your source correctly.

Workaround:
    Load the source clip into AVStoDVD, then right-click on the title and click "Edit Source Title Info -> Video Scan Type". Change the scan type to "Interlaced", start the conversion.

Good luck
    manolito
    MediaInfo by itself seems to be able to understand my video files just fine (that is, right clicking on the video file in Windows Explorer and checking from there), but this workaround seems to do the trick, so I'm satisfied. Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the standalone version of MediaInfo reports "interlaced" or "progressive" for your sources then chances are that the MediaInfo.dll which comes with AVStoDVD is too old. The DLL is in the "Lib" subfolder of AVStoDVD, and you can safely replace it with a newer version (has to be the 32-bit version).

But if MediaInfo does not tell if it thinks that the clip is progressive or interlaced then the application which created the clip did not bother to flag it correctly. In any case MediaInfo only reads the flags, it does not analyze the content of the clip. (Most commercial PAL DVDs are flagged as interlaced, even if the content is progressive.)

The same goes for the field order of an interlaced clip. The only way to reliably determine the field order is stepping through the separated fields. In Donald Graft's Decomb manual you can find how to do this:
    To determine the field order, make an Avisynth script that serves the raw clip without any processing. If it were an AVI, then just AviSource() would be used. For our examples, we'll use AviSource(). Add a script line to separate the fields using top field first, as follows:

AviSource("your_clip.avi")
    AssumeTFF().SeparateFields()

Now serve the script into VirtualDub and find an area with motion. Single step forward through the motion. Note whether the motion progresses always forward as it should, or whether it jumps back and forth as it proceeds. For example, if the field order is wrong, an object moving steadily from left to right would move right, then jump back left a little, then move right again, etc. If the field order is correct, it moves steadily to the right.

If the motion is correct with AssumeTFF().SeparateFields(), then your field order is top field first and you must use AssumeTFF(). If the motion is incorrect, then your field order is bottom field first and you must use AssumeBFF(). If you want to double check things, you can use AssumeBFF.SeparateFields() to check correct operation for bottom field first.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  26. 2.8.5 and 2.8.6 uses LoadCPlugin("ffms2.dll") and I get error "Not a C Plugin". Using LoadPlugin() also didn't work.
    Last edited by digicube; 1st May 2017 at 10:22.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Check the version you have by right clicking and looking at the properties:

Name:	ffms2.dll.cplugin.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	41466  

Quote Quote  
  28. This is mine. The files came from the installer, so they all should be the right ones. I was using Avisynth 2.6 MT but I reinstalled classic Avisynth 2.6 and still same error.

Name:	ffms2.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	70.5 KB
ID:	41474  

Last edited by digicube; 1st May 2017 at 10:17.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There could be an unwanted interaction between the plugin in the AVStoDVD\Lib folder and a possible FFMS2 plugin in the AviSynth\Plugins folder.

Please check if you have an FFMS2 plugin in your AviSynth\Plugins folder, and if you do, disable it temporarily.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  30. That works. I renamed the AviSynth\Plugins folder. It seems I have too many plugins in the Avisynth folder and it's causing HCenc to stall/freeze, so i deleted them.
    Last edited by digicube; 1st May 2017 at 12:22.
    Quote Quote