VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 110 of 137
FirstFirst ... 10 60 100 108 109 110 111 112 120 ... LastLast
Results 3,271 to 3,300 of 4096
Thread
  1. @ manolito
    Thanks my friend. I installed the new AVS2DVD version. I tried your script out and yes it is a lot better than before but in the panning shots its as if it jumps slightly. you can see this in your converted clipped at 00.08 time when played back on vlc player. I'm not sure if this is maybe a error in my installation that's causing this or the script but since its in the converted file you did I am thinking its maybe the script.

I think we know for sure the framerate of these source files are 23.976 so if we can get to 25fps smoothly I would say we has accomplished this. do I need to check or uncheck the "use pal speed up for progessive NTSC Film to Pal" in the options?

Thanks
    jjcinema
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The result depends entirely on how well the duplicates are removed. FDecimate is probably not the best solution, you may get better results using TDecimate.

I have attached 2 files using either TDecimate(mode=0,cycleR=3,cycle=5) or TDecimate(mode=7,rate=23.976). I think that both look better than the FDecimate version.

The "use PAL speedup" option does not really matter here, because when your source is a 59.94 fps clip then PAL speedup will not be used by AVStoDVD anyways. To get the PAL speedup you need to edit your AVS script and add the line "AssumeFPS("pal_film", sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)" at the end.

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. @ manolito

Thanks again, yes I agree both the TDecimate methods look a lot better than the FDecimate .

I have tried both and they work really well but I am aimng to use the the TDecimate(mode=7,rate=23.976) method as it seems more easier for me to understand how it works and what its doing. i have also unchecked the pal speed up in the AVS2DVD preferences as you mentioned it doesn't matter so theres no point on checking it anyway if Im using "AssumeFPS("pal_film", sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)" at the end. I will continue along using this method and see how they turn out but so far so good and Thanks to you for that I do appreciate your time and effort.

so just to confirm my script will look like this for sources reporting bck as 23.976fps:

LoadCPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\ffms2.dll")

Audio = FFAudioSource("C:\Users\IntelVPro\Desktop\sample1. mp4", track=-1)
    Video = FFVideoSource("C:\Users\IntelVPro\Desktop\sample1. mp4", track=-1, seekmode=0)

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline36Resize(720,576)
    Video = Video.TDecimate(mode=7,rate=23.976)
    #PALSpeedUp: using AssumeFPS() to upsize FPS

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    AssumeFPS("pal_film", sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)

Now as for a separate matter I have did a complete uninstall of 2.83.4 and a reinstall of the new AVS2DVD Release 2.8.5 final version and reinstalled your FFmpeg Vbr plugin I think its the updated on from post #3217 (Link is http://www28.zippyshare.com/v/YKGhbfmL/file.html), it does not have a mplex option in the bat file but as you said I don't need this has its now built into AVS2DVD v2.8.5. Is this the correct version of your plugin for the new final release?

In post #3268 you also metion "AVStoDVD comes with an older version of FFmpeg (2.2.3 from 2014) which is not really up to date, but it does the job" so should I update this version and if so how?

also you metiuoned about "For FFmpegSource AVStoDVD now uses the C-Plugin by qyot27, but it ships with an outdated version. You should update it using the version from this post:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1783312#post1783312"

I spotted your comment in that link #2307 and downloaded the "FFMS2 C-plugin 1140+101" So to intsall this do I just copy the three files FFMS2.avsi, ffms2.dll, ffmsindex.exe from the 32 bit folder to the folder AVS2DVD\lib and replace the three thats in this folder with the new ones?

I think then That is it if all is correct, I have moved correctly to v2.8.5 and we have setup everything and gathered the scripts to work with all the various sources files from the recorder.

Thanks
    jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, your script looks fine. (There are more TDecimate modes you can play with, e.g. mode 2, but in most cases mode 7 should work well).

You have the latest FF_VBR plugin version, and Mplex is no longer in it because AVStoDVD now uses Mplex by itself.

Upgrading the FFmpeg version is something you have to decide for yourself. I have no idea if the MPEG2 encoder got any improvements during the last couple of years. If you decide to update, here are a few tips:
    1. You will always need a 32-bit static version of FFmpeg. The Zeranoe builds are fine.
    2. The current FFmpeg builds do not work under WinXP. If you need WinXP compatability, use the version I have linked to below..
    3. The current FFmpeg builds will crash under AVStoDVD unless you add the "AVStoDVD\Lib" folder to your Path variable. See this post: https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1786007#post1786007

Since I still use XP I use the following FFmpeg build by rogerdpack:
    https://sourceforge.net/projects/ffmpegwindowsbi/files/2016-07-18/ffmpeg.static.2016-0...e.zip/download

Your ffms2 update is correct (actually you only need the file ffms2.dll, the others are not used).

So yes, you did move to the lastest AVStoDVD successfully. Actually I am waiting for a hotfix version since the stable release does have a few bugs, but MrC is a very busy man these days...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  5. Just switched from XP to Windows 10. AVStoDVD used to hardcode forced subtitles in mkv files automatically. I liked this feature because I only embed subs for no- english parts and the subs would be added to the video it self, not the borders automatically. Now it won't even recognize them when trying to preview or convert to dvd. I've had the same problem with them before with xp but resolved it by uninstalling codec pacs. No codec pacs installed now. I can extract the subs and add them but can not adjust the location. Any help would be appreciated
    Quote Quote  
  6. Changing Video Time to a smaller number does NOT change the duration under general info but changing it to a larger number does. Is this a bug? I had to edit the save file to change the duration to the right number.
    Last edited by digicube; 13th Jan 2017 at 13:18.
    Quote Quote  
  7. @ manolito

Thanks again my friend for all your help. My workflow is flowing very well.

AVS2DVD is really coming along and a great programme. I am starting now to appreciate its abilities over other programmes I used in the passed. Good Work Mr C and Very good inputs Manolito.

Thanks again
    jjcinema1

**editit**

@ manolito
    in the AVS2DVD preferences Audio section My bitrate is set to 192kbps. I this like an ac3 standard for dvds or should I increase it a little? Just out of curiosity what do you use on your settings.
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 17th Jan 2017 at 05:36.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For AC3 audio 192 kbps for stereo and 448 kbps for 6-ch is pretty much considered "Standard". Myself I normally use 224 kbps for stereo, mainly to have some headroom. My sources are mostly TV captures which have MP2 audio at 192 kbps. AC3 is considered to be a more effective codec than MP2, so using the same bitrate of 192 kbps already should give me enough slack. But I usually normalize my audio to a higher loudness than the original, so I want to play it safe and use a slightly higher audio bitrate. If you can really hear the difference between 192 and 224 is another question (I believe you cannot, at least not for usual film content).

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    For AC3 audio 192 kbps for stereo and 448 kbps for 6-ch is pretty much considered "Standard". Myself I normally use 224 kbps for stereo, mainly to have some headroom. My sources are mostly TV captures which have MP2 audio at 192 kbps. AC3 is considered to be a more effective codec than MP2, so using the same bitrate of 192 kbps already should give me enough slack. But I usually normalize my audio to a higher loudness than the original, so I want to play it safe and use a slightly higher audio bitrate. If you can really hear the difference between 192 and 224 is another question (I believe you cannot, at least not for usual film content).

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks manolito I will just leave it at the default 192 kbps as its seems to be 100% for now. Thanks once again for all the input. Greatly appreciate it.

jjcinema1
    Quote Quote  
  10. A new Alpha release is available to download.

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added '-filter:v "setpts=x*PTS"' command flag to FFmpeg Safe Mode video encoding routine in case of PAL SpeedUp or NTSC SlowDown
    - Improved troubleshooting of mscomctl.ocx file missing or broken
    - LAV Filters updated to release 0.69
    - FFMpegSource plugin updated to release 2.22 r1140 (C plugin)

Only for testing purpose. Feedbacks are very appreciated.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi MrC
    is the program still fully compatible with Windows XP. I noticed it needs the new common controls that is included; the version from the 2.84
    release did not work.. Also the included BAT file did not work, the old one was still registered, I could see it using regedit
    After I did it manually I have the new version running now.

Will version 2.84 work OK with this newer common controls?

I see that the size calculation looks better now. On version 2.84 a 4GB compliant m2v file + ac3 (@ 160kbps) + srt subtitles was flagged as too
    big on the main screen but in this release it correctly determined it was OK.

I've been experimenting with blackmanresize, I've found it to maintain the "look" of the original more than other resizers. For example,
    Video = Video.blackmanResize(720,480,taps=5) - I would like to be able to add it to the preferences, but I'm unable to do so because of the
    taps=5
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi davexnet,

looks like MrC is quite busy these days, so let me try...

I found no problems with the latest A2D versions under XP. But I always use the NoInstall version, and I also generally uninstall the old version completely (including the reg key under HKCU/Software) before installing a new version.

And yes, the size calculation used to be buggy, and it has been fixed recently.

For the BlackmanResize, I also do like this resizer, but in a couple of tests I was unable to spot a difference between the default taps=4 and taps=5. But maybe I am getting too old, my vision is certainly no longer 20/20.

Whatever, if you insist to use taps=5 with BlackmanResize all of the time, you can either wait until MrC finds the time to add this to the software, or you can hack the call to the encoder and modify the source AVS script before the encoder gets called. This must be done separately for HCenc and FFmpeg, though. This should be pretty easy to add to my A2D plugins, I already made a proof of concept test for HCenc.

Before I start working on it, please make sure that the taps=5 parameter really makes a difference for you. And would you need it only for HCenc or for FFmpeg also?

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi manolito, for me, only Hcenc is an issue. It's not that big a thing, but I just thought that since MrC was in the code, perhaps he could find an
    elegant way to add this option, and while we're at it the extra bit for bicubicresize also. eg:

bicubicresize(720,480,0.0,0.50)
    bicubicresize(720,480,0.0,0.33)

I switch amongst them depending on source issues and to be honest, I don't mind editing the script on the avisynth tab as I do
    almost always now for one reason or another

I did a test myself, and I'm enclosing the two files in case you or anybody else is interested in seeing the result. Too my eyes,
    the taps=5 looks ever so slightly smoother. if you look at the HCenc log I see average quant for the default blackmanresize is 2.692
    while for the taps=5 encode it is 2.689 They're so close, but perhaps the lower quant for taps=5 corroborates my theory that it looks
    slight smoother !

The source is the 1080p m2ts.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Alright, I will probably hack something together until tomorrow...

For BicubicResize A2D already uses b and c values of 0 and 0.5. This is hardcoded into the executable, but it should also be easy to replace with different values. Initially I will probably just support BlackmanResize, but the plugin will be expandable for other resizers.

Thanks for the attached examples, but I still cannot see any visible difference between the two. And the slightly lower quantizer for taps=5 also results in a slightly bigger file, so the comparison is a bit unfair.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Alright, I will probably hack something together until tomorrow...

For BicubicResize A2D already uses b and c values of 0 and 0.5. This is hardcoded into the executable, but it should also be easy to replace with different values. Initially I will probably just support BlackmanResize, but the plugin will be expandable for other resizers.

Thanks for the attached examples, but I still cannot see any visible difference between the two. And the slightly lower quantizer for taps=5 also results in a slightly bigger file, so the comparison is a bit unfair.

Cheers
    manolito
    Thanks for considering this. I set the same average bitrate for the encodes, 2-pass, but as I surmised they're so close in the size and the Q,
    It could just be a coincidence....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    New version of my HCenc_Mod plugin for AVStoDVD

This new version now lets the user specify additional resizer commands (like "taps=n"). It covers all 5 AviSynth resizers where this makes any sense.

I tested it quite a bit this afternoon, please give it a thorough test run and post your comments...

//EDIT//
    Corrected an issue for BicubicResize. Sometimes A2D adds offset parameters in addition to the b and c parameters. Please redownload...
    The download page is two posts further downwards...

Cheers
    manolito

Important:
    The hacked "HCenc.exe" is a compiled batch file. You may have to exclude it from your antivirus software because compiled batch files are often blindly treated as malware (which is totally stupid). The file does absolutely NOT contain any malware.
    Last edited by manolito; 20th Mar 2017 at 11:05.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    To keep my AVStoDVD plugins consistent, I also added the resizers fix to my FFmpeg_VPR plugin. There's also a bug fix for the Wavi_Mod plugin.

Download link can be found here:
    Link removed, see next post

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 20th Mar 2017 at 11:02.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And here is another new version...

The explanation and the download link is here:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1801473#post1801473

I will not continue to support the single HCenc_Mod plugin here, you have to download the complete package (it is about 50 MB).

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    Improved filtering of interlaced sources using JDL_UnfoldFieldsVertical and JDL_FoldFieldsVertical by Stickboy. Needs jdl-interlace.avsi and jdl-util.avsi from here: http://www.avisynth.nl/users/stickboy/
    Switching to interlaced mode will be automatic

Please redownload...
    Last edited by manolito; 21st Mar 2017 at 06:52.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks manolito, have not used your plugins before, only the "dss2 mod". I'll take a look
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I keep getting "Trailing options were found on the commandline" when using the wavi mod, wavi works perfectly before using the mod

No audio track is being written as I'm getting a "at least one output file must be specified" as ffmpeg failed with the above error so AVStoDVD fails the project

Change back to unmodded wavi and audio is fine

Tried changing versions of ffmpeg, sox and wavi with the same result each time I change them one by one to see which is the issue

The issue seems to be ffmpeg is finding something on the commandline it doesn't like or is in the wrong place as everything else is working fine. Sox is creating the files when choosing to upmix in the wavi mod script

I thought it might have been because some titles have "--" at the beginning or in the filenames but removing these still gave the same errors, so somewhere I'm guessing ffmpeg is getting confused by extra "-" being put in, not 100% certain

Some of my folders had "-" in front of it to identify them easier in Directory Opus, so I've gone through all that and removed the "-" but the problem still exists

Any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Help....I used to be able to convert a 90 min mp4 video file to a video folder within a few hours using AVStoDVD v2.8.4. For some reason, it now takes days.....I have no choice but to abort. Tried the
    latest v2.8.5 and its the same. I did notice the Avisynth allocated memory by HCenc is 65MB -> very low and probably the cause but don't know how to fix this. I attached the log file and screen capture. Can anyone help ?

Thank you
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	187
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	41110  

Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ richardteosp

In HCenc 1-pass VBR mode the first pass can get extremely slow if you use a video source filter which has problems with frame accurate seeking. You use DirectShowSource, and this is most likely the problem.

Workarounds:
    1. Force FFmpegSource as your video source filter (Under Preferences->AviSynth). This will index the source so seeking is much faster.
    2. Use HCenc in 2-Pass VBR mode.

You generally should do some cleanup in your AVStoDVD installation. Your source filters are all set to Microsoft, and this can cause all kinds of nasty problems. You also still have ffdshow installed which is deprecated and has been superseded by LAVFilters. I recommend to do the following things:
    1. Uninstall ffdshow and Haali splitter
    2. Install the current LAVFilters 0.69, install the video decoder, the audio decoder and the splitter. During installation leave all settings at their defaults.
    3. Start AVStoDVD as an admin, under "Codecs" set ALL the preferred Directshow Filters from M$ to LAV. If this does not work under A2D use the DS Filters Tweaker.

Also see here: https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/277852-AVStoDVD-Support-Thread/page106#post2460122

And switching to a newer version of A2D also won't hurt... (the latest v 2.8.6 alpha is absolutely stable IMO)

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ steptoe

So far I cannot reproduce your problem, I need more info about your settings. So I can only guess right now...

Are you using the latest version of the plugin from here?

Did you install it correctly? I hope you did not forget to patch the AVStoDVD executable (of course this must be redone whenever you upgrade your version of A2D).

Did you replace the version of FFmpeg in the Wavi folder with a different version? Older versions as well as newer versions do cause issues.
    Your AVStoDVD\Wavi folder should look like the attached image.

Otherwise I need your plugin settings. Please post the first couple of lines from the batch file.

Cheers
    manolito

Click image for larger version

Name:	wavi_folder.jpg
Views:	1003
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	41111
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @ steptoe

So far I cannot reproduce your problem, I need more info about your settings. So I can only guess right now...

Are you using the latest version of the plugin from here?

Did you install it correctly? I hope you did not forget to patch the AVStoDVD executable (of course this must be redone whenever you upgrade your version of A2D).

Did you replace the version of FFmpeg in the Wavi folder with a different version? Older versions as well as newer versions do cause issues.
    Your AVStoDVD\Wavi folder should look like the attached image.

Otherwise I need your plugin settings. Please post the first couple of lines from the batch file.

Cheers
    manolito

[Attachment 41111 - Click to enlarge]

AVStoDVD wasn't patched, patched it but still exact same issues with extra commands on ffmpeg CLI

Here is the first lines that I presume tell ffmpeg what its doing, sox encoded upmix fine (as far as I can tell) and created all audio files in temp folder

H:\AVStoDVD>"I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Wavi\Wavi.exe" "H:\AVStoDVD\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.avs" - | "I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\steptoe\Videos\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.ac3"

ffmpeg output :

ffmpeg version N-81045-g450cf40 Copyright (c) 2000-2016 the FFmpeg developers
    built with gcc 5.3.0 (GCC)
    configuration: --arch=x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=/home/rdp/dev/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers/sandbox/cross_compilers/mingw-w64-i686/bin/i686-w64-mingw32- --pkg-config=pkg-config --disable-w32threads --enable-libsoxr --enable-fontconfig --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-iconv --enable-libtwolame --extra-cflags=-DLIBTWOLAME_STATIC --enable-libzvbi --enable-libcaca --enable-libmodplug --extra-libs=-lstdc++ --extra-libs=-lpng --enable-decklink --extra-libs=-loleaut32 --enable-libmp3lame --enable-version3 --enable-zlib --enable-librtmp --enable-libvorbis --enable-libtheora --enable-libspeex --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-gnutls --enable-libgsm --enable-libfreetype --enable-libopus --enable-bzlib --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libschroedinger --enable-libvpx --enable-libilbc --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libgme --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth --enable-gray --enable-libopenh264 --enable-nvenc --enable-libebur128 --enable-netcdf --enable-libflite --enable-lzma --enable-libsnappy --enable-libzimg --enable-gpl --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-frei0r --enable-filter=frei0r --enable-librubberband --enable-libvidstab --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --extra-libs=-lpsapi --extra-libs=-lspeexdsp --extra-cflags='-mtune=core2' --extra-cflags=-O3 --enable-static --disable-shared --prefix=/home/rdp/dev/ffmpeg-windows-build-helpers/sandbox/cross_compilers/mingw-w64-i686/i686-w64-mingw32 --enable-runtime-cpudetect
    libavutil 55. 28.100 / 55. 28.100
    libavcodec 57. 50.100 / 57. 50.100
    libavformat 57. 42.100 / 57. 42.100
    libavdevice 57. 0.102 / 57. 0.102
    libavfilter 6. 47.100 / 6. 47.100
    libswscale 4. 1.100 / 4. 1.100
    libswresample 2. 1.100 / 2. 1.100
    libpostproc 54. 0.100 / 54. 0.100
    Trailing options were found on the commandline.
    Input #0, wav, from 'H:\AVStoDVD\Upmix_Temp\normalized.wav':
    Duration: 00:05:03.14, bitrate: 6912 kb/s
    Stream #0:0: Audio: pcm_s24le ([1][0][0][0] / 0x0001), 48000 Hz, 5.1, s32 (24 bit), 6912 kb/s
    At least one output file must be specified
    input format: Raw PCM Signed 16-bit little-endian 48000 Hz mono
    output format: 48000 Hz mono (1/0)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, but you did not patch AVStoDVD.exe correctly. In the following line you still have the pipe character ("|") which will not work.
    H:\AVStoDVD>"I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Wavi\Wavi.exe" "H:\AVStoDVD\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.avs" - | "I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\steptoe\Videos\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.ac3"
    After the EXE is patched, the line will look like this:
    H:\AVStoDVD>"I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Wavi\Wavi.exe" "H:\AVStoDVD\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.avs" - $ "I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\steptoe\Videos\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.ac3"
    If you are uncomfortable with a hex editor you should use the included PatchIt App which is located in the "Patch" subfolder of the plugin archive. Just in case I'm attaching the latest patched executable (version 2.8.6 Alpha)

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    To be absolutely sure I just tried a conversion using 6-ch upmix mode with a non-patched AVStoDVD executable. I got exactly the same error message as you...
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by manolito; 1st Apr 2017 at 19:38.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    @ manolito

Thank you so much. It works !!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry, but you did not patch AVStoDVD.exe correctly. In the following line you still have the pipe character ("|") which will not work.
    After the EXE is patched, the line will look like this:
    H:\AVStoDVD>"I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Wavi\Wavi.exe" "H:\AVStoDVD\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.avs" - $ "I:\Portables\AVStoDVD\Aften\aften.exe" -b 192 -pad 0 -dynrng 5 -bwfilter 0 - "C:\Users\steptoe\Videos\DVD_14_Pagan Gerald Gardner Interview Daniel Farson_1.ac3"
    If you are uncomfortable with a hex editor you should use the included PatchIt App which is located in the "Patch" subfolder of the plugin archive. Just in case I'm attaching the latest patched executable (version 2.8.6 Alpha)

Cheers
    manolito

//EDIT//
    To be absolutely sure I just tried a conversion using 6-ch upmix mode with a non-patched AVStoDVD executable. I got exactly the same error message as you...

That finally worked, I didn't realise you still had to patch the AVStoDVD.exe for the wavi MOD to work correcty. It also didn't help that I had used the 'patchit' but on the wrong folder as I had copied it and removed the "-" symbol but was trying to run the patched version in the original folder. All working again now, and fixed an ongoing issue I had that was all down to not patching the AVStoDVD.exe when using the wavi MOD

Thanks for the help
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Glad you got it working...

I know having to patch the A2D executable to make the plugin work is a major PITA, and believe me I spent days to find a workaround for this. But for batch files the command processor insists on evaluating the pipe character no matter what. And since the command line is created by AVStoDVD I have no way to escape this pipe character. Even porting it to AutoIt did not work. Using the $CmdLineRaw variable did not let me replace the pipe character with something else. And learning C or C++ is not really an option...

What I could have done is to move the whole plugin away from Wavi and use FFmpeg-> Aften instead. I would have to hack Aften.exe instead of Wavi.exe, in this case A2D does not pipe the audio stream to Aften but uses a temp WAV file instead. Certainly an option, but it would introduce other problems. So for now I will keep it as it is...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    And another new version of my plugin pack for AVStoDVD:

Until now the Wavi_Mod plugin required that the AVStoDVD executable had to patched. This was very clumsy, and some users had problems with this requirement. So I decided to revamp Wavi_Mod so patching is no longer necessary...

Until now I had hacked Wavi.exe to access the parameters issued by AVStoDVD. I moved this to FFmpeg.exe, so now in order to invoke the plugin the audio conversion method must be set to "FFmpeg (AviSynth)" instead of the previous "Wavi + Aften".

Everything else stays the same, there is no new functionality. The "hacked" FFmpeg.exe now works for both FFmpeg_VBR and for Wavi_Mod.

Before installing the new version of Wavi_Mod please uninstall the previous version. Also make sure to replace the patched "AVStoDVD.exe" with the original unpatched version.

Download from here:
    http://www79.zippyshare.com/v/jEJQOuPq/file.html

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 8th Apr 2017 at 16:08.
    Quote Quote  
  30. Just released 2.8.6 Final. No significant changes from latest Alpha, except there's the Installer package.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote