VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 137
FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 110 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    I suspect the "no audio frames" problem is because you are re-using the same index (cache) file for different sources. Try just omitting the 'cachefile' argument, leaving it at its default.
    Are you sure? There are 2 different cache files specified (and randomized).

Code:
    Audio = FFAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Hulu -  Fringe Amber 31422 - Watch the full episode now..flv", track=-1,  cachefile="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFA_" + String(Rand()) +  ".cache")
    Video = FFVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Hulu -  Fringe Amber 31422 - Watch the full episode now..flv", track=-1,  cachefile="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFV_" + String(Rand()) +  ".cache", seekmode=0)
    Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by _MrC_ View Post
    Are you sure? There are 2 different cache files specified (and randomized).
    Yes, but they are the same 2 used in his other script for the Peacemakers clip.
    The randomisation will produce the same results each time the script is run, because by default rand() does not alter the initial seed of the randomiser. You need to use rand(seed=true) for the first call to get a truly (pseudo-)random sequence.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try simplifying the source file name. Call it amber.flv (or similar) and redo the project.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by Gavino View Post
    Yes, but they are the same 2 used in his other script for the Peacemakers clip.
    The randomisation will produce the same results each time the script is run, because by default rand() does not alter the initial seed of the randomiser. You need to use rand(seed=true) for the first call to get a truly (pseudo-)random sequence.
    Yes, that's true, but take care that each time a script that contains FFMS2 call is unloaded, AVStoDVD deletes *.cache files in AVStoDVD temp folder, just to avoid the usage of "old" cached files (which would be terrific ). Thus the option seed=true should be redundant.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    each time a script that contains FFMS2 call is unloaded, AVStoDVD deletes *.cache files in AVStoDVD temp folder, just to avoid the usage of "old" cached files
    Ah, OK, that's good to know.

I suppose there might still be a potential problem if you were running two AVStoDVD sessions at the same time (or failed to close a previous session properly). I wonder if that's what happened with Mike99? Unlikely, I know, but the error message suggests to me more a problem with the index than with the source file itself.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Deleting the 'cachefile' argument did the job.

Last night, between my emails, I tried test clip #2 using DirectShowSource to make sure it still worked & it did. Could doing this have cleared out the cache because afterwards is when I tried test clip #1 again which then did work. I just looked at that DirectShowSource log & there is no cache comment. It seems the cache comment shows up if I select A2DSource or FFMpegSource.

From reading MrC’s above posting it appears AVStoDVD supposed to delete the cache files. But I just opened up AVStoDVD again & added a test clip & the cache argument is there again.

I just renamed one test clip to Amber.flv. I used FFMpegSource and deleted the cache argument. The video did process. I did add “video=video.assumefps(23.976)” before either of those last two audio lines, however the audio was very slow both ways. When I went back & started a new project with Amber.flv here is the script I got. The cache is added back in.

LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\AVStoDVD\Lib\ffms2.dll")

Audio = FFAudioSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Amber.flv", track=-1, cachefile="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFA_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache")
    Video = FFVideoSource("C:\Documents and Settings\Mike\My Documents\Amber.flv", track=-1, cachefile="C:\DOCUME~1\Mike\LOCALS~1\Temp\A2DFFV_" + String(Rand()) + ".cache", seekmode=0)

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12
    #Using DGPulldown/HCenc to upsize FPS
    Video = Video.Lanczos4Resize(720,480)

Audio = Audio.SSRC(48000)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)

Gavin -
    I only ran one AVStoDVD session. I closed out the session by clicking on the red “X”. It asked if I wanted to save the project & I said No. I even turned off the computer.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Mike, I've also had instances of the cache files being left in the AVStoDVD temp folder.
    You can check it yourself, just look in the temp folder you specified in the AVStoDVD prefences and you'll see where to look.
    From time to time I check mine and manually clean it out.

I downloaded the amber episode myself and also noted the very slow audio. It seems FFAudiosource is not able to handle this
    audio as-is. I'm not sure if there are any further operands or parameters you can add to the call, I didn't find anything.

I created a hybrid script, FFvideosource for the video and directshshowsource for the audio and that worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    davexnet,

I did a system cleanup of temp files which cleared out everything that I saw was AVDtoDVD related in the temp file folder. There are still some files left, but nothing that pertains to AVStoDVD, at least not that I can tell. If you look at my script above the file is A2DFFA_. I cannot find this or anything similar. And everything with today's date has been deleted except for one file that comes & goes when I open AVStoDVD. I'll have to do some more digging.

For the Fringe Amber episode I previously tried directshshowsource for video & audio. I think it had the extra black pixels but this was not critical. It was just for experimenting. But I'll keep the hybrid approach in mind in case I need it in the future.

update -
    I've searched, checked, searched again & cannot locate the cache file that is stated in the script. And it keeps coming up in the script.
    Last edited by Mike99; 18th Nov 2010 at 03:13.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    I've searched, checked, searched again & cannot locate the cache file that is stated in the script. And it keeps coming up in the script.
    It keeps coming up because AVStoDVD is designed to do it that way when using FFVideoSource. The intention is to create a new cache file on each run and delete it immediately afterwards (which is why normally you won't find the file).

What FFVideoSource does is: if the file doesn't exist, it creates it from the source. If it already exists, it will just use it - this will lead to problems if the cache file actually relates to a different source file. It seems (as davexnet reports) that occasionally AVStoDVD will fail to delete the cache and so then you get a problem the next time it is used with a different source.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Enter the preferences, and where it sets the temp path, change it to c:\temp.
    That way, it's easy to find and you can check it easy - without having to navigate a deep folder structure.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Just to be crystal clear. A2D*.cache files are deleted when:

1. A avs script is unloaded
    2. After START button is pressed, just before encoding sequence starts
    3. During QUIT program routine

I can add another delete round when AVStoDVD is launched, but, frankly there should be very few occasions in which A2D*.cache files survive.

@Mike99

please do not confuse A2D*.cache files calls from the script with the real files in the temp folder. The real files come out only when FFMpegSource is invoked, that is when the source file is being decoded (during FrameServing Check, during Title Preview or during mpeg2 encoding).

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have had AVStoDVD on and off many times. I’ve also had the PC turned off. But the cache files keep coming back. Maybe new ones are supposed to created as mentioned. However I cannot use FFMpegSource unless I delete the cache file comment in the AviSynth script.

If my A2D*.cache files are being deleted, then why are the new ones that are being created causing a problem?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Because FFMpegSource, when used with the cachefile="..." option, created the chace files each time it is invoked. Then AVStoDVD will take care to delete them at the end of the decoding phase.

BTW, there is another opportunity: since A2DSource calls first AVISource, then DirectShowSource, then FFMpegSource (cache off), then FFMpegSource (cache on), you can deactivate directshow decoding by ffdshow ('Video Decoder Configuration'/'DirectShow Control'/'Multiple Sessions'/'None') and then use A2DSource. It will jump to FFMpegSource (cache off).

Let me know

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Because FFMpegSource, when used with the cachefile="..." option, created the chace files each time it is invoked. Then AVStoDVD will take care to delete them at the end of the decoding phase.

BTW, there is another opportunity: since A2DSource calls first AVISource, then DirectShowSource, then FFMpegSource (cache off), then FFMpegSource (cache on), you can deactivate directshow decoding by ffdshow ('Video Decoder Configuration'/'DirectShow Control'/'Multiple Sessions'/'None') and then use A2DSource. It will jump to FFMpegSource (cache off).

Let me know

Bye
    I hear what you are saying, but do not fully understand what is going on. You mention “when used with the cachefile="..."option. Is there any way to turn off that option?

If A2DSource calls FFMpegSource (cache off) then FFMpegSource (cache on), why does mine skip past the “cache off” process?

I’ll try deactivating directshow decoding, however I am curious why it will jump to FFMpegSource (cache off) instead of skipping past it like it now does.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    I hear what you are saying, but do not fully understand what is going on. You mention “when used with the cachefile="..."option. Is there any way to turn off that option?
    If you are using directly FFMpegSource as AVS Source Filter, there's no way. You have to do it manually by editing the script every time.

If A2DSource calls FFMpegSource (cache off) then FFMpegSource (cache on), why does mine skip past the “cache off” process?
    A2DSource skip 'FFMpegSource (cache off)' to 'FFMpegSource (cache on)' if 'FFMpegSource (cache off)' fails to read the input file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Version 2.3.2 did not work for me, did a downgrade back to 2.3.0. It solve my subtitle problems. Now i have problems with multi-thread. Is it working ok? My new X6 is spend the same time to do the same task as my ex X4. Is there a way to test multitask?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hcenc is been called with priority Idle. Is there a way to change it to normal or high?
    Quote Quote  
  18. AVStoDVD release 2.3.3 is available to download

Change log:

- Some bugs fixed
    - Added 'HQDN3D' AviSynth denoising filter (by Loren Merritt) in 'Title Edit'/'AviSynth'
    - Added possibility to customize Menu Editor thumbnails AviSynth scripts
    - Added possibility to save HCenc advanced option settings in registry
    - Added new 'FatCow', 'Crystal' and 'Viva Vista' skins (many thanks to JhonJ)
    - Added new 'Black' splash screen (many thanks to JhonJ)
    - Revised AviSynth video filters position criteria in AVS Script generation routine
    - Improved frame rate conversion ('FrameRate' option added to 'A2DSource.avsi' function).
    - Improved log activity (DVD Menu section)
    - Improved errors handling
    - VSFilter updated to 2.39.5.2
    - MediaInfo updated to 0.7.36

Comments and suggestions as usual.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try this one this night!
    How about call Hcenc with "normal" priority instead "idle" with "-priority normal" parameter?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can do it but I doubt you'll see that much difference with your encode times,
    unless something else is running, competing for the CPU.

Select the +settings button at the top. Select "edit encoder command parameters at runtime".
    When you start the process, a box will open showing the complete parameter list. Modify it as necessary and close the box.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good work MrC, the troublesome FLV files now encode properly and play back in sync.
    Is it using FLVsplitter or did you find another way ?
    Quote Quote  
  22. @ _MrC_

Thanks for the update!

...and a quick Q?
    Will AVStoDVD pass-through mpg/vob +ac3 (448-5.1ch) or it will re-encode?
    I guess, as said before, ac3 will remain intact - as is, but how about mpg/vob video?
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It works, and work with that mysterious file that fails on 2.3.2 version, but as said by davexnet, encode time has not improved. The cpu is not running anything else but the OS, avast, firefox and AVStoDVD. CPU occupation is (+ or -) 49%.
    Anyway, thanks.
    A question: how can i create pages for menu?
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Good work MrC, the troublesome FLV files now encode properly and play back in sync.
    Is it using FLVsplitter or did you find another way ?
    I have added one more parameter to A2DVideoSource function ("FrameRate") to specify the source fps to DirectShowSource. Using that, those troublesome flv can be encoded properly.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by Bonie81 View Post
    @ _MrC_

Thanks for the update!

...and a quick Q?
    Will AVStoDVD pass-through mpg/vob +ac3 (448-5.1ch) or it will re-encode?
    I guess, as said before, ac3 will remain intact - as is, but how about mpg/vob video?
    You are welcome.

See Help/'How to use it'/'Edit Title Window'/Video/'Keep DVD Compliant Video'

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    It works, and work with that mysterious file that fails on 2.3.2 version, but as said by davexnet, encode time has not improved. The cpu is not running anything else but the OS, avast, firefox and AVStoDVD. CPU occupation is (+ or -) 49%
    There's a new FAQ item just for you: see Help/FAQ/General/Q1.6

Originally Posted by trabanom View Post
    A question: how can i create pages for menu?
    Do you mean create a DVD Menu (just follow the Wizard) or create new templates? If the latter, just open one of the templates subfolder and see what's in, then create a new subfolder, keep same filenames, use same images format and compile labels.ini file as you will.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  27. @ _MrC_

Very appreciative of your responses and...
    Thanks for Your Nice Creation ---> AVStoDVD
    It keeps so simple like 1..2..3. and it definitely serves the purpose with quality.

I would request One Page PDF along with software download towards Credits to Hank315, Nic and all other related developers with their prior concern. Plus Input / Output file format specifications, and short n sweet Quick Start User Guide, As this thread already crossed 10th MileStone.
    Keep UP!

================================================== =========================
    WE LOVE TOOLS WHICH OFFER BI-DIRECTIONAL COMMUNICATION WHICH IN-TURN LEAVES ROOM FOR STRONG DEVELOPMENT.
    Last edited by Bonie81; 1st Dec 2010 at 22:51.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MrC,

The Peacemaker FLV worked using DirectShowSource with FLVSplitter. It added the black lines at top & bottom but it played in sync. Does this mean that release 2.3.3 will not add the black lines?

Is it best to uninstall the old version before installing the new?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Originally Posted by Bonie81 View Post
    @ _MrC_

Very appreciative of your responses and...
    Thanks for Your Nice Creation ---> AVStoDVD
    It keeps so simple like 1..2..3. and it definitely serves the purpose with quality.

I would request One Page PDF along with software download towards Credits to Hank315, Nic and all other related developers with their prior concern. Plus Input / Output file format specifications, and short n sweet Quick Start User Guide, As this thread already crossed 10th MileStone.
    Keep UP!

================================================== =========================
    WE LOVE TOOLS WHICH OFFER BI-DIRECTIONAL COMMUNICATION WHICH IN-TURN LEAVES ROOM FOR STRONG DEVELOPMENT.
    Thank you very much for the kind words. I try to do my best wih my little free time.

About credits you can have a look at Help/'General Info'/'Acknowledgements' or to ReadMe.txt file.

About format specifications and Quick Start User Guide, well, my friend, they take time. But AVStoDVD is an open source software: any help is very very appreciated.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Mike99 View Post
    The Peacemaker FLV worked using DirectShowSource with FLVSplitter. It added the black lines at top & bottom but it played in sync. Does this mean that release 2.3.3 will not add the black lines?
    Now FLV should work with A2Source as well, but black lines should still remain.

Is it best to uninstall the old version before installing the new?
    Yes, it is

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote