VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 137
FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,270 of 4096
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by adam933 View Post
    Why isn't doom9 avs2dvd thread working???
    I don't know why it's not working, but I've reported it to them. Thanks for letting us know.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Starting yesterday Doom9 developed some server problems. See this post:
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1788222#post1788222
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by manolito View Post
    Starting yesterday Doom9 developed some server problems.
    And they should be fixed now. They hope. Please report any other problems you or adam933 or anyone else might discover there. It was due to some update made that messed things up.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can confirm that Doom9 is working fine again...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have just started using AVStoDVD (Version 2.8.4) I could create two dvds from two avi files. But when I tried to preview title output, before starting the operation, an error was shown.
    - "AVStoDVD warning Cannot detect clip duration Please check Title AviSynth script syntax and or DirectShow codecs installation."
    How to go about doing what it says?
    Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVDtoSVCD needs the duration of the source to be able to calculate the target bitrate and the chapter points. It uses MediaInfo to retrieve the duration.

But in some rare cases for some uncommon source formats MediaInfo is unable to detect the duration. In these cases AVStoDVD throws this error and it asks the user to enter the duration manually.

As always it would be helpful if you posted your AVStoDVD log file here, and if possible also upload a source file (or a small cut-out section of the source) which exhibits this issue...

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you, manolito. I will post them as soon as I get a chance.
    Thanks once again.
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    For the moment I've been stymied by this one: an MKV file that plays just fine as it is, including the sound -- on the computer, or via WD TV Live playback. But, process it through AVS to make a DVD version out of it, and there just is no sound track there at all. I tried a couple different versions of AVS, incl. 284. A CX2D trial run with this same source file has the sound, but (unsurprisingly) also an overly cropped frame, and uses only 1 Gb. of space, whereas AVS filled the DVD. That almost always makes a noticeable (adverse) difference in PQ, irrespective of the cropped CX2D frame.

What am I missing here ? Is there something I should look for in the AVS log, while I still have it ?
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Seeker47 View Post
    Is there something I should look for in the AVS log, while I still have it ?
    Maybe just post the log here...

Merry Xmas
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  10. Release 2.8.5 final is available to download

Merry Xmas to you all.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Seeker47

sometimes, demuxing the audio from the MKV
    and then adding that to avs2dvd works

demux the audio
    name it to match the video example movie.ac3
    place it in the same folder as the source video

you can then add it to avs2dvd
    and choose that external track instead of the dupicate included/muxed track
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by theewizard View Post
    Seeker47

sometimes, demuxing the audio from the MKV
    and then adding that to avs2dvd works

demux the audio
    name it to match the video example movie.ac3
    place it in the same folder as the source video

you can then add it to avs2dvd
    and choose that external track instead of the dupicate included/muxed track

Thanx very much ! I'll give that a try.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for a great program and all the work you've done MrC , thanks also to Manolito and others that

have contributed.

Merry Xmas
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by mike252 View Post
    Thanks for a great program and all the work you've done MrC , thanks also to Manolito and others that

have contributed.

Merry Xmas
    DITTO x 1000 !
    Quote Quote  
  15. I have been using AVStoDVD for a long time now but today I was unable to create a menu. When I tried, I got:
    Warning! Cannot create DVD Thumbnail from Title 1
    It worked yesterday and I tried creating a menu from the sources that had previously worked -- I still got the warnings (and, of course, no thumbnails in the menu.)

I also complete uninstalled AVStoDVD and reinstalled the latest version. This still didn't help.

Anyone have any ideas? I did install PowerDVD prior to getting this warning so I suspect it might have tweaked something that AVStoDVD wants to use.

Regards,

Jon
    Last edited by jond; 31st Dec 2016 at 23:29.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can only guess here, but the PowerDVD installation could have altered your preferred DirectShow codecs. You can check this by clicking on "Codecs -> Preferred DirectShow Codecs Setup". All codecs should point to LAV Filters. If they don't, just change the settings back to LAV.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  17. Thanks for the reply.

They were all using Microsoft filters and I switched them to LAV filters using Win7DSFilterTweaker. However, the problem still persists.

Any other ideas I can try?

Regards,

Jon
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You will have to wait for MrC for other ideas...

I have no idea how AVStoDVD creates the thumbnails, all I know is that it always worked for me.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  19. @jond

are you able to run the project *without* DVD menu? If yes, please do that and post here the project log file.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Motion menu with tiny videos
    Or
    Static picture menu thumbnails

I had trouble with motion menu giving me this same error,
    I believe I had to change to ffmpeg for decoding, save changes in preferred
    And restart
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Hi all,

Love the program and all the support.

My father uses this program to make DVDs. He's been using it for years. Nothing has changed in those two year, but he is unable to get by the HC conversion.

Here is what happens.

[Attachment 40141 - Click to enlarge]

Thanks for all the help. Computer just freezes and the monitor displays random lines through it.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  22. @Grather30

when exactly does the computer freeze? When starting the project or what else? Since I never got that issue, any type of details is very useful to better understand.

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search PM
    Happens when going through HC?? Information is from my Dad so lol.

Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Your dad should better write here by himself. Tell him not to be shy...

Bye
    MrC

AVStoDVD Homepage
    Quote Quote  
  25. I've installed AVStoDVD (version 2.8.5 on Windows Home x64). When launched I receive the error about a missing or unregistered mscomctl.ocx. It suggests three ways of correcting and I've tried all three and it still gives me the same error.

This is a new system and I've just started to add apps. I've removed and reinstalled AVStoDVD several times, but can't get around this.

I've searched the web and the suggestions are the same as in the error message. Can anyone help?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi hurricane,

you are not the only one who has this problem on a 64-bit Windows. Please start reading from this post and further down:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1790912#post1790912

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  27. @ manolito

Hi how is things my friend?

I have come across some mp4 footage that seems that media info is saying its 59.940fps and when I run it through virtual dub to check it with Apparent fps its saying 23.974. so will this script i am currently using for my other files (50fps down to 24fps then speed up to pal 25fps) work with these new files or is theer a better way?

here the one I am using for the old files

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline36Resize(720,576)
    #Video = Video.SelectEven()
    video=video.FDecimate(24)

and the other one I use is

Video = Video.ConvertToYV12()
    Video = Video.Spline36Resize(720,576)
    #Video = Video.SelectEven()
    video=video.TDecimate(mode=0,cycleR=13,cycle=25)

AudioDub(Video, Audio)
    assumefps(25,sync_audio=true).SSRC(48000)

or can you recommend a bettwr way for these new files. As always the idea is to have a nice flowing 25fps Pal DVD for the finished project.

Also on a separate note Im currently thinking about installing the new AVS2DVD v2.8.5 and want to ask a few questions.

1) Do I need to install your VBR Plugin again and set the values in the BAT file as before? and do I need to set MPLEX as I used this before or is it included in the set up now.
    2) Do I have to intall ffmpeg version 2.2.2 again or does this version include the new version already?

Thanks

jjcinema1
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 10th Jan 2017 at 19:39.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi jjcinema,

things are good around here, I hope the same for you, and a Happy New Year!

For your new MP4 footage, if it comes from the same recorder as your previous 50fps files, then there is a good chance that it also has duplicates which you can get rid of. Try to use "FDecimate(23.976)" and see how it comes out. If this does not work, just upload a small sample of your source...

Regarding the current stable version 2.85 if you do a complete new install (uninstalling the previous version first) then yes, you need to install the FFmpeg VBR plugin again. Maybe save the batch file to a different location first so you can reuse it after the new install.

Muxing using Mplex is now standard in AVStoDVD, nothing you have to do to activate it.

Regarding FFmpeg are you talking about FFmpeg or FFmpegSource?

AVStoDVD comes with an older version of FFmpeg (2.2.3 from 2014) which is not really up to date, but it does the job.

For FFmpegSource AVStoDVD now uses the C-Plugin by qyot27, but it ships with an outdated version. You should update it using the version from this post:
    https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1783312#post1783312

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  29. @ manolito

Yes its been a very nice Christmas for myself and a Happy New Year to you as well.

I tried using FDecimate(23.976) but it actually made the file stutter very badly. I have uploaded a small clip from the source file. The second clip is the converted one with the code and I have also included LogFile. Have a look and tell me what you think.

Thanks
    jjcinema1
    Last edited by jjcinema1; 15th Jan 2017 at 16:05.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the attached files, luckily this was an easy one...

If you step through the source file you will find the following pattern:
    1 0 1 0 0
    In 5 source frames you will have 2 unique frames and 3 duplicate frames.This gives us the source frame rate of 23.976 fps.

So your previous attempt actually got it right, the reason you do not like the result is that AVStoDVD uses pulldown to bring up the frame rate from 23.976 to 25. This causes motion judder, and the result will be interlaced. If you had specified NTSC as your target format then you probably would have been happy with the result.

If you want PAL output without judder, you have to use PAL speedup for such sources. I attached the required AVS script and the resulting MPG file. In AVStoDVD you just have to edit the AviSynth script so it looks like the attached script.

Cheers
    manolito
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote