VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well sorry but I don't know where to post this, so here goes.

I was transferring a video from my desktop to my laptop. Both winxp. After transfering, the video is 177MB (30+min runtime btw), the video said it only had a runtime of 1minute and 16 seconds. Is there anyway to fix this? and what's causing this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    How did you transfer? My first guess is that the video was corrupted during transfer. Probably at 1 min 16 seconds. You can try opening it in Gspot 2.70, but I suspect you will see the same. Transfer it again, maybe using a different method. I assume the original played back properly?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I forgot one more thing.

If I go back and forth during the video (on the seeker), it will show later parts of the documentary, and if i let it play it'll play out from where i start from.

I.E., if i start from the beginning and click it to move it to half way, then back again, it'll show footage that is much later than just 1 minute and 16 seconds. So I don't understand why it's doing this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What format is it ?

If it is Dvix/Xvid you might be able to fix it by re-indexing. Open it in AVIDemux and if the index is corrupt, it should offer to rebuild it. Otherwise try opening it in Virtualdub and scanning for errors.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote