VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all, I just got turned onto DVD-RB, I have been using DVD Shrink for the longest time. I have desided that I want better quality backups from DVD-9 to DVD-5. I use RipIt4Me to rip movie only, and DVD Shrink to take out extra audio and sub's.

Now I would like to use CCE2 with DVD-RB as my encoder/transcoder instead of DVD Shrink. From what I have read this is the best way to get the best quality.

OK, so is DVD-RB compatible with Vista? Hell is CCE2 compatible for Vista? If so can I use DVD-RB basic with CCE2.

In my search for a better way to do backups InterVideo DVD Copy 5 came up, and it is the only solution that I have found so far that is Vista compliant. I have used it, it works fast, as far as I can tell it makes good quality backups, although I have never seen first hand CCE, CCE SP, or CCE 2. I just wish that DVD Copy had more advanced options.

Does anyone else have any thoughts or opinions on InterVideo DVD Copy 5? What encoder does it use anyway? Is it any good?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Honestly, HCEnc will give you results that are on par with CCE, and can produce better results than CCE at low bitrates.

DVD-RB does run under Vista, although it should be run as Administrator, and installed with the installer and not the zip package. The Doom9 DVD-RB forum has a lot more details.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank for the comments, I will check out Doom9 for DVD-RB info. Does anyone else have opinons on this.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Use DVDFAB DECRYPTER instead of RIPIT4ME since it's no longer updated.
    Quote Quote