VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hey !

I have some DVD's I want to edit the menu and switching lets say from Soumi to English , that appears on the menu.

I know how to add & sync subs to a DVD-R , even keeping the menu and when clicking on (same example again) Soumi I'm getting English subtitles ..

I just want to change the "Soumi" to "English"

How can I do it the easier way ? :P

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Are you asking how to change the wording on the menu from "Suomi" to "English"? If this is what you want to do, you will have to create a new menu yourself. You might be able to do a screen capture of the menu and edit it in Paintshop or Photoshop to replace the word. Then you'll have to rebuild the entire DVD and menu system. It won't be easy.

For those who don't know, "Suomi" is the name in Finnish of the Finnish language.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes , That's what I want to do , But it's too much work you say ?

Cause I'm already Demuxind and Re-Authoring all to add the subs ...
    it's not have to be Soumi\English , just an example :P

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Take a look at this excellent guide, it should tell you what you need to know. If it is a static menu it is fairly easy, scroll down to the end of Manono's post - there is a paragraph called "The Easy Way" and it is really not complicated at all. Good luck!
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  5. You don't have to reauthor. If it's a static menu it's really quite easy. The hardest part will be doing the editing to change the word "Suomi" to "English". The replacing part is simple. Scroll down to The Easy Way portion of my menu editing guide:

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic313743.html#1606732

Edit: träskmannen beat me to it. No link, though.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Umm..what's a static menu ?

I'm re-authoring anyway because I'm changing the subtitles as well .
    When I click Soumi - I have English . The last thing is to change "Soumi" to "English" .

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  7. The root of all evil träskmannen's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Static menu - the menu is a still picture. The opposite would be a short video clip on an endless loop running in the background. If the background is a still picture and the word "Suomi" is part of that picture you can use Manono's guide to extract this background picture, change it to "English" in your favorite photo editing program and reinsert it.

@manono: sure there is a link - click on "this excellent guide" in my post and you will get there. :P Do you use the blue layout? Links are quite difficult to see if you do.
    In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
    Quote Quote  
  8. If before the menu there is a little clip and the menu itself is static it would work ?

if there are some stuff moving in the background or something not a clip but some movments ..is it ok ?

I'll try it in a few hours with a static menu

Thanks !
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by träskmannen
    @manono: sure there is a link - click on "this excellent guide" in my post and you will get there. :P Do you use the blue layout? Links are quite difficult to see if you do.
    My apologies. It looks the same color to me as the rest of the writing. But when I hover my mouse over it, then it turns red. I don't know anything about a blue layout. Everything is default.
    If before the menu there is a little clip and the menu itself is static it would work ?
    Yes, as long is the subtitle menu itself is static, it will work. All you have to do is to find it in VobBlanker and replace it with your edited BMP following the instructions.
    if there are some stuff moving in the background or something not a clip but some movments ..is it ok ?
    If there's anything moving at all, then it's not a static menu. You'll either have to still it (make it static) and then follow the instructions, or you'll have to follow the full guide which involves reencoding the menu, and is a much more complex process.
    Quote Quote