VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone,

I was grateful for those who responded in regards to questions I had about a good DVD Recorder to purchase. Once again, I'm looking for a DVD Recorder that allows me to insert my own chapters and is not done automatically. For those who own the Polaroid DRM-2001G - 80 GB Recorder know if this one allows you to do that. The picture quality from what I read on the reviews seems to be really good. I have not seen a lot of negative feedback.

So I direct the question to all of you on you opinions on this item. I notice it does not seem to be available to purchase new, but a refurbished item or as another one says "Polaroid Renewed". What does that mean?

Thanks as always for your advice.
    DJL
    Quote Quote  
  2. Most recorders can be set-up to turn off the chapter marking feature. As for refurbished or renewed, it usually means that a unit was repaired, problems could have been minor or major, you never know. Here's a thread reviewing the Polaroid DRM-2001G.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic305350.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Polaroid recorders have significant problems with dying DVD drives, noisy video (even on XP and SP mode), and tuner issues. That model is a year old or more, and not worth the trouble.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks Lordsmurf,

I appreciate your advice man. I guess what I'm stuck with I feel like is either the Toshiba or the Pioneer models (as I know you and some other guys suggested on another post) which seem to be extent and impossible to find besides by a used one on ebay or this Polaroid or Philips one. I guess I'm just not sure what to do man.

DJL
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, I typed too fast and the word "extent" in my post should "extinct".

DJL
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm testing recorders again. I'll be posting 2-3 reviews later this month on the newest models in stores.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a Polaroid DRM-2001G. still going strong for now.
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Lordsmurf,

Thanks for doing that. I am wondering though, is it possible to find any DVD Recorders that are on the market currently that are worth purchasing?

DJL
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I got one of these last week and took it back. Here's the main reason why:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNtdwbNwxlM

Discs also wouldn't play on my old Pioneer DVL-909. Unfortunately a few other recorders I've tried have problems with that machine as well.
    Quote Quote