VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am trying to convert from VOB to DV for a project a work and when I try to encode I get thi smessage "bin/sh line1: date: command not found" and have no idea what this means. The file is not converted to DV and I am starting to tear my hair out as I need to get this done quickly. Can anyone help with this message and how to fix it?

Many thanks,

Mike
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by mikehr
    bin/sh line1: date: command not found
    Never seen that error before. It looks like sh (the shell program that processes command line instructions) doesn't understand the command date. Which makes no sense to me, as every Mac should be able to do that, AFAIK. And every conversion with ffmpegX includes a time stamp.
    Try this: Open /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app, then type date. It should return the current date and time. Basically the same thing, but then manually.

If your system and disk are okay, and you're running ffmpegX from the Applications folder on your startup disk, then I wouldn't know how to fix this.

Alternatively, you could convert VOB to DV with MPEG Streamclip (free) and the QuickTime MPEG-2 Playback Component ($20).
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Tried the date command and reply was command not found. Not sure what I will do but may post a message on the apple support forum and see what they say. Never seen that error before.

Many thanks,

Mike
    Quote Quote