VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I know making menus is harder than it seems, but how could I make or alter more menus like the kind motion ones pre-made on Windows DVD maker, but let me have more control over them. For instance, one kind of template is called "video wall" where there is a wall of little videos that switch in and out and sometimes multiple little "boxes" make up on video. It looks pretty cool. What I want to be able to do is that but be able to customize more, as Windows DVD maker automatically takes certain segments of the video and puts it in without you having any access to when, where, and how many of those clips are taken from. Pleeeaaase...any help is much, much appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If you want to customise it more then you have to build it yourself using either your video editor, if it is capable, or something like Combustion or After Effects. This would give you complete control over the results, however the effort required is substantial.

You have a choice.

Use a template driven tool which simplifies the process but removes most of the user control

or

Taken a custom build approach which gives you complete control, but takes time and planning.

There is no middle ground.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote