VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys

Im sure there was a guide somwhere here that reviews the different types of dvd creation software..I can't seem to find it though.

What it is. I'm looking for something that will convert most file types, also I would like to be able to create my own menus..adding background music etc.

I used to use a program that would allow moving menus and background menu music..but can't remember which it was?

Lastly. A guy I work with managed to fit all the Rocky movies on to 1 disc..which he said was 4.7GB's and would play in any dvd player. How does he do this? I mean which format is he converting to, etc?

Guys, any advice would be great

Cheers

Kev
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    tmpgenc dvd author 3 is easy to use and supports many input formats.

You can fit several hours on a dvd if use lower video quality.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks very much, mate.

Going to install and try the trial now. The guides that have been writen look very helpful aswell. I may still get stuck though, so there might be more questions

No doubt, once I've managed to create my first dvd and become aware of the features..it should be easier second time around.

Thanks again

Kev
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I've just spent 3hrs authoring a dvd and had just started to create it..then my laptop decided to crash I couldn't save as I went along either, as it's disabled in the trial version

The software looks pretty good though. Seems easy enough to use and looks like it has everything I need. I think I'm going to buy this anyways..so at least I can save as I go along.

Regarding the crash, I think it must be a memory problem. I either have faulty hardware or to many startup process' running at once. Saying that though, my spec isn't that bad..2.0GHz Core 2 Duo/2GB RAM..so I'm not sure really. First thing I'm going to do is uninstall Norton...it's crap, never finds anything with scans and just sits there hogging resources.

Well, I'm off to see how cheep I can get this software for

Cheers

Oh yeah. You know the main menu, can I create my own text heading and place it where I choose in this area?
    Quote Quote  
  5. "Oh yeah. You know the main menu, can I create my own text heading and place it where I choose in this area?" Yes.
    Quote Quote