VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hey everyone. I'm wondering what is the FASTEST way to encode an AVI to prepare it for DiVX burning. Remember that the vid clips and movies I'm working with are AVIs downloaded from the internet. It seems to be a mixed bag.

The 2 biggest problems I get are:

1. Unsupported audio right at the beginning of the film

2. Or breaking of of pixels (the colored blocks) half way through the vid clip/movie

I'm hoping that there is a very fast encoder that may fix these errors, but so far they are all slow as hell. Otherwise, I would have to start an encoder app, at bedtime, and just hope that it is done when I wake up in the morning.

Thanks for any help, Randy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your machine is old, encoding will be slow.

Start by using g-spot to see what you have. If it is Xvid or Divx, then you can just burn and watch (assuming your player supports them). If you are still seeing problems when playing them back, chances are the files are corrupt or poorly encoded to begin with, and re-encoding will not fix them.

I am running a 3Ghz HT P4 and a quality based encoding of a 50 minute mpeg down to Divx using autoGK is a 3 hour exercise. Your machine is substantially slower than mine.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote