VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I wanted to get just a clip of a large mpg file so I opened it in Avidemux. I've had luck joining mpg and flv files in the program but this time I trimmed one down. I tried to save it as an mpg file and ended up with an mpg file that reads "cannot render file" in WMP, "illegal mpeg stream" in TMPGE, "cannot detect file type" in VirtualDub (Various versions). The original longer mpeg file is now reading as "0 bytes" so I've lost the original file as well. Is there any way to fix the trimmed file? I put it in restream and the resulting file has the same errors. GSpot says its an unknown file type.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    AVIDemux doesn't save as mpeg. If you have screwed the source as well then you are pretty much SOOL. AVIDemux is similar to virtualdubmpeg-2 in that it will open and read mpeg files, but you have choose a different codec to output the results.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I just ran it through MPEG-Corrector and now there is no video stream according to VirtualDub. In VLC there is a correct running time but no audio or video.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ecc
    I've had luck joining mpg and flv files in the program but this time I trimmed one down.
    lol,
    interesting excercise

Originally Posted by ecc
    The original longer mpeg file is now reading as "0 bytes" so I've lost the original file as well.
    What ever did you do?
    Almost certainly user error.
    Hardly any software messes with source without giving fair warning.

Originally Posted by guns1inger
    AVIDemux doesn't save as mpeg.
    It can actually.
    edit and encode.

Originally Posted by ecc
    I just ran it through MPEG-Corrector and now there is no video stream according to VirtualDub.
    Mpeg corrector is for mpeg1.
    Although, you have tried most everything.

Is there enough in the filesize to suggest there's a video stream in it?

I'd say,
    time to kiss it goodbye.

gl
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    My bad. Saw mjpeg and ignored the rest.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote