VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I'm wanting to use the internal camera that came with my Lenovo computer. Looking through the help files, I'm informed that I'll need software to use it. I'd like to record video for YouTube from it. In the Start menu under All Program, I have Internal Camera, and under it Uninstall, but if I click Open, all I get is an Explorer window with Uninstall in it. I hate Vista.

Anyway, I'd like some guidance as to what, if anything, I can do to get myself recording with the internal camera. Is there some software (preferably freeware) that I can download to work the camera?

As an alternative, I do have a Nikon digital camera that does short videos, but I'd like to explore using the internal camera on the computer. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Have you tried Windows Movie Maker? It should be able to capture from cameras.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've launched it, and looked through the menus, but can't seem to figure out how to get the cemera to work. Any help, Baldrick?

interesting avatar, BTW
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Usually, you use the 'Import>From digital video camera' with WMM. I'd also look around in your 'Control Panels>Hardware and Sound>Scanners and Cameras' and you should see the device.

If WMM doesn't work, you might check with Lenovo as they should have more specific information about the camera and it's use. The Vista help files are usually just generic.

And welcome to our forums.

(And I believe Baldrick's avatar is from the Blackadder TV series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackadder )
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I've been to the Lenovo site which wasn't much help. I've tried WMM Import from digital camera, and it says it doesn't find a compatible camera connected. HOWEVER, I did sign up for Yahoo messenger, and instantly started video chatting with someone, and it took nothing to set up. I just clicked "webcam" and the screen (and my ugly mug) came right up. So the camera is obviously working. I wonder why WMM doesn't recognize it. I'll check the settings and see if that helps. Any other comments would be welcome. Thanks for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    None of the WMM settings will help me locate the camera for the program. Went through all the help files, and there's nothing there for an internal camera. All comments on webcams or DV cameras are for external ones connected to a port or a USB2. Funny that Yahoo messenger can "see" the camera, but when I choose Import in WMM, it says it can't find a compatible digital camera. Are there other video programs I could download that might work with the internal camera?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Here's what Lenovo says:
    http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-67413&selectarea=S...8%7CA52#movies

And yet, when I go to ControlPanel/scanners and cameras, a Refresh does nothing, and Add Device doesn't show the camera. I still think it's strange that Messenger can use the camera without a hitch, but I can't record video with it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    can anyone help me?
    Quote Quote