VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello , what is the best NSTC to PAL converter that is a freeware ?
    I have DVD shrink , DVD decrypter , NERO 6. Best regards from New Zealand !
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I should mention i'm doing DVD format conversions.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You won't get any menus but DVD2svcd will take a ntsc dvd and output to pal dvd.
    Donadagohvi (Cherokee for "Until we meet again")
    Quote Quote  
  4. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Here is a link to all the guides here that talk about this:
    https://www.videohelp.com/guides?searchtext=&tools=&madeby=&formatconversionselect=&how...or+List+Guides
    Some use freeware of various kinds to do this. Some use commercial programs. Note that menu conversion between PAL and NTSC is so difficult that most guides don't even talk about it. You should essentially expect any DVDs that you convert to NOT have menus because it's difficult to impossible to convert those.

Do you REALLY need to do this? Most people in PAL land have TVs capable of displaying NTSC images and most DVD players can convert from NTSC to PAL display if your TV can't display NTSC. It takes a lot of time and effort to do this kind of conversion. If this is something you will need to do a lot (more than 1 or 2 times), you'd be better off to just buy a better DVD player that can convert NTSC DVDs to PAL display than to waste your time doing this kind of conversion. Then again, some people think their own spare time is worthless and would gladly spend many hours doing this kind of thing rather than pay a very small amount for a new DVD player.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The best one-click solution for 23.976 fps NTSC to PAL, or PAL to NTSC is FAVC, however there should be no need for you to convert in New Zealand. There certainly is no reason to over here.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As guns1inger asked ... but why

As for what jman98 mentioned about menu's ... it can be difficult , not impossible , but I would say "impracticable" considering the task's involved require everything be demuxed and stripped out prior to conversion process taking place , then reauthoring once again .

If you go this path , super match's ulead videostudios video conversion process , equally .

Dvd players that can play both formats , do NOT convert anything . If you current tv can not play colored nstc input , but displays in black and white only , your current tv set dose not support the required input frequency .
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help , yes i can play both NTSC and PAL but i have a friend in the states that i sent a DVD to that is in PAL format , and his DVD player said "Wrong Disc type - Not NTSC" . I told him to upgrade his DVD player or do a conversion as i have sent may DVDs to the states before that are PAL and everyone else can play them.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Please don;t do it, he can buy a philips dvd player that will convert pal to ntsc and can be made region free for 40-60us$, it really is not worth the effort.
    PAL/NTSC problem solver.
    USED TO BE A UK Equipment owner., NOW FINISHED WITH VHS CONVERSIONS-THANKS
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    _Sigh_

OK geniuses, so I have PAL DVD. All you people are assuming NTCS -> PAL. Wrong. I would like to simply create an NTSC DVD from a PAL DVD. The equivalent of dubbing but in software.

And I don't want to buy another player just to play this DVD, AND only be able to play it on that player.

And if you don't know a valid answer, please don't post. "But why?" helps nobody and just gets in the way.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Go back to jman's answer (post #4) it's all there. You've been given really good advice throughout this thread.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by Viewer1 View Post
    All you people are assuming NTCS -> PAL. Wrong.
    That is what the fellow asked in the first post and the question everyone addressed after that.
    I would like to simply create an NTSC DVD from a PAL DVD.
    Meaning what? That you don't know how to do any encoding yourself? You want a 1-click program to do it? Did you read one reply above that recommended FAVC? I might recommend AVS2DVD. But you won't get back the original menus with either program. Baldrick has a guide for AVS2DVD:

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/353284-AVStoDVD-beginners-guide-Any-video-to-DVD-Video
    Quote Quote  
  12. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Not gonna mention digging up a 5 year old thread, that has been asked and answered a thousand times.......

One post tard
    Quote Quote  
  13. IFOEdit. Just open the IFO, change from PAL to NTSC and you're done. No re-encoding, transcoding, buying new players, whatever. Just a few mouse clicks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cygnus111 View Post
    IFOEdit. Just open the IFO, change from PAL to NTSC and you're done. No re-encoding, transcoding, buying new players, whatever. Just a few mouse clicks.
    Oh my....that is SO funny.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by hech54 View Post
    Originally Posted by Cygnus111 View Post
    IFOEdit. Just open the IFO, change from PAL to NTSC and you're done. No re-encoding, transcoding, buying new players, whatever. Just a few mouse clicks.
    Oh my....that is SO funny.
    It's great. It fools most of the DVD players and it allows you to keep menus and subtitles and everything. No time lost re-encoding. I can't believe no-one brought it up earlier.

Recently I sent 2 DVDs to a guy in the states, 1 PAL and 1 that was the same only "patched" to NTSC in case he couldn't play PAL. Turned out he could, but that the second disc gave much better picture quality.

Not that the question still needs answering... You sometimes just forget to check the dates on these posts...
    This is nøt å signåture.™
    Quote Quote