VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all,

How do i burn a SVCD onto a DVD using Nero Burning ROM and make the SVCD play on both my PC and a standalone player?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can't, a real SVCD can only be burned on a CD. You can burn the SVCD on a DVD in data mode but it wont work that well on dvd players. Instead reconvert to a DVD with svcd2dvdmpg, svcd2dvd or dvd-lab.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    1) Get an svcd-capable SAP ^_^

or

2) extract the mpeg from the svcd, demux, remux with a
    "non-standard VCD" file header, create a non-standard VCD.

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You could do it with Hardware, If you have a DVD recorder & a DVD player that plays SVCD. Than you can edited it on the computer if necessary...
    http://www.absolutevisionvideo.com

BLUE SKY, BLACK DEATH!!
    Quote Quote  
  5. IFOEdit can author a DVD with non-standard resolutions like 480x480. I've done it myself. You have to demux the SVCD file and re-encode the audio to DVD standard LPCM or AC3 first, but you don't have to resize or re-encode the 480x480 4:3 MPEG video file. Note that the finished DVD may not play on all players, but the one I did this for works fine on my players.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    svcd2dvdmpg, svcd2dvd and dvd-lab will also make a 480x480/576 "xDVD", no video conversion.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey, I do have a SVCD player. I wanted it on a DVD because so i can put more folders onto it. One of the folders plays fine in SVCD but the second folder doesn't play. I know one of my family member and he does it with Divx but i don't have a Divx player. How can i get all my folders to play?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    An SVCD has a very specific file structure (as does a DVD). It's not like a computer data disc, where you have an ordinary hierarchical file structure and can simply add files at will. You have to author a multi-chapter (multi-title) SVCD to do what you propose. You'll need a proper authoring tool (like VCD Builder on the Mac) to assemble all the bits and pieces together properly.
    Quote Quote  
  9. I have an article on how to do this with DVDLab
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    90% of DVD players support playback of DVDs authored from SVCD/DVB resolution files, that is statistics collected by Womble. DVDLab and MPEG Video Wizard DVD (Womble) support such an authoring without any hack the rest applications want (patching MPEG headers with DVDPatcher to fake resolution). The only thing that should be actually changed is audio sample rate (44.1=>48kHz), some authoring applications do it internally.

A good old article for manually doing it (useful for general understanding the process) is here:
    http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/svcd2dvdr.htm

There are also one-click applications like the mentioned svcd2dvdmpg (free) for MPEG file preparation and svcd2dvd (commercial) for full DVD creating.
    Quote Quote