VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi

I am having a Sony DVD Recorder RDR-HX720.First i was using a cable connection which i connected directly to the recorder and the aerial connection was given to the recorder and the TV.Then when i configured using the Easy Setup all the channels that were coming through the cable was available in the channel settings section.I was able to see the cable channels both in the TV and in AV1 using the recorder.
    Right now i have bought a TATA SKY package which is a satellite tuner and the channels are coming in the AV1 and not in the TV.when i try to connect the satellite tuner to the recorder and then connect the recorder to the TV i am able to see the channels in the AV1 but when i try to configure using the Easy Setup there are no channels coming up.Because of this i wont be able to record any of the TV programs using the recorder.Let me know how to solve this issue.
    Thanks
    Abdul
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The recorder cannot decode the SAT signals, so the Easy Setup won't work as you have already found out. The TATA SKY box is used to decode your SAT signal and choose your channels. For recording, you would need to manually select the channel that you want on the TATA SKY box, choose the line in (whatever input the TATA SKY box is connected to), and then record.

Your only other choice, would be to get a DVR provided by your SAT provider (assuming they offer one). It will have the SAT decoder and recorder built into the same unit.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote