VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have some videos on -R format and I'm trying to burn the image to some lightsccribe DVDs, but I can't because the machine is looking for a -R disc. Is there a way to accomplish this?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    That is a really odd problem, because the image doesn't know whether it's a + or -. If you have a dual layer image, it may look for that, but otherwise it should write on whatever disc has the capacity. If you had a cd image, it could be written to a DVD (I'm not sure if it would work with a music CD, as I've never tried.)

The only other thing that I could think of (since you don't mention your burner and it's not in your profile) is that it's an old burner that only does -R. If it's anything that's been out in the last five years, it should burn pretty much anything.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I recall reading Nero had a problem with images of different formats,use DVDDecrypter ISO read->ISO write.
    If that doesn't work you will have to rip in File mode(or drag-and-drop) and burn DVD files.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes I'm using Nero, essentials. My burner is a HP is 1040 I bought 2 months ago. Before that I had another drive that did the same using another version of Nero. Thanks for the help so far. I'll try DVDDecryptor.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use Imgburn in the read mode to write the dvd to an image file. then use Imgburn in the write mode and burn same to you dvd+r disc. This should work just fine.
    Lawrence Johnson
    Quote Quote