VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two duplicate layers that I want to import into DLP
    The bottom layer is text that has been embelished with photoshop (text was modified with a bevel, emboss, gradient color, inner shadow etc.)
    The top layer is text that will be used as buttons that will be set to invisible when not selected as to show the bottom layer. Obviously the top layer when selected will be a solid color as the buttons can't show the embelishments. The background is a motion video.

If I drag my bottom layer on the video it asks if I wish to import as a layer or not.
    If yes then it makes it buttons (losing the bevel emboss etc.)
    If no then it brings in the embelished text on a white background that covers the motion video

Is there away to make it not a button?
    Or import it without the white background? When I made it in photoshop it was created on a blank (transparent) background.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Add the text in a video editor, otherwise you will have to have DVD Lab Pro render the video anyway. Your editor will do a much better job.

I use photoshop to create still menus for DLP, and to create the button overlays for DLP. I never use DLP for creating motion menus. I do this Vegas, then import the finished menu video into DLP and author.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks
    I did exactly what you said and was able to make my motion video with the photoshop layers.
    I then dragged the same layers onto the finsihed motion video in dlp and resized them slightly to overlay the video words. I then made them invisible when not selected so it all worked out.

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I also prefer to use my editor because it allows me to fade menus in and out nicely or use different wipes and effects, which suits multi-cell motion menus.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I only assemble menus in authorware. I do video work in my NLE (Premiere 6.5) and image work in the graphic editor (Photoshop 7).
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    I only assemble menus in authorware. I do video work in my NLE (Premiere 6.5) and image work in the graphic editor (Photoshop 7).
    Damn straight.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote