VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    My apologies if this question has already been asked and answered.

So I wanted to encode multiple MOV files to MPEG-4 so that I could burn them to DVD using DVD Creator (I like this program because I can make custom menus and actually put music on the Menus screen). Anyhow I was encoding the MOV files and while ffmpegX was able to work on some of my MOV files, others it failed. There didn't seem to be any difference in the MOV files except I noticed something on the summary screen on ffmpegX.

Apparently the audio of the movies that ffmpegX COULD encode listed the audio as: qdm2, 11025hz, mono. However, the MOV files that failed had audio listed as follows: Qclp/0x706C6351, 11025Hz, mono.

Anyone have any ideas why this is and how can I get it to work?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    qdm2 = QDesign Music 2 audio codec
    Qclp = Qualcomm PureVoice audio codec

The latter is not supported by the current ffmpeg engine. However, the mencoder engine does support it. So, if you DVD authoring app supports H.264, then you could use ffmpegX's h.264 mencoder preset to create an MP4 file.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you very much for the prompt response AND the information, Case. With those definitions and your suggestions I was able to successfully finish the MOV's that would not encode. Thanks again
    Quote Quote