VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    does it take to accomplish that with any degree of quality in the converted video?

Thanks!

Bruce
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If those are anything like .ts or .tp hdtv recorded files I'd try out projectx. With that there is a good chance you can demux it to m2v or the equivalent and then convert from there.

EDIT - also check out virtualdubmod or virtualdubmpeg2 - be sure to get the latest release of either of them. I don't know what the newest ones support in terms of high def video files. But the normal virtualdub will only read avi file types (that i know of - will not do mpg or vob for sure).
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    What are you going to do? edit the video? then get a video editor that supports hdv directly.
    Or do you want smaller file size?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes,the goal is to convert the .m2t file to .avi so it would be suitable for editing.

I'm using sort of a "stoneage" program (Adobe Premiere 6.5) compared to what's out there currently,however... that's what I know best and have the most editing experience with.

As you probably well know,Prem 6.5 was not designed to handle/import .m2t files at all!!

Hence the origin and reason for my question.

Here's a wild idea which is not my own,someone on some forum (can't remember where) said they changed the file extention from .m2t to .avi but I've never tried it.

Thanks for any help offered.

Bruce
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Read this thread for some ideas. Wrote a script which should auto convert an m2t to a Lagarith encoded AVI, suitable for editing.

https://forum.videohelp.com/topic303573.html
    Quote Quote