VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i had this file with real poor quality when i played it on my cd player. i searched the net and d/l sony sound forge. tried improving the quality using eq / built in tools, quite ok. but when i tried saving the file in mp3 in 128 kbps CD qual audio the sys just hangs

is it not possible ? what am i doing wrong ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Can you open or save ANY MP3 files? Perhaps it needs some codecs.

Otherwise, save as WAVE and use an audio app like BeSweet to convert to MP3.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes i can save and open m3p files but the moment i save as 128 kbps the s/ware hangs!

i already spent more than 5 attempts and over 2-3 hrs d/l sony s forge (44 mb) its really frustating not being able to use this s/ware

love the simplicity probably get into part time audio business as its ease of use is very high
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Crap in, crap out I'm afraid. You can not input a 64kbps file and save it at 128 expecting the quailty to improve.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sleazy70
    yes i can save and open m3p files but the moment i save as 128 kbps the s/ware hangs!
    i already spent more than 5 attempts and over 2-3 hrs d/l sony s forge (44 mb) its really frustating not being able to use this s/ware
    Is this a demo version? Perhaps it's save-disabled for some formats.

And as I said, try exporting to WAVE.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    yes it is a demo version. whats the point in transferring to mp3 when my player recognises only audio/mp3 etc.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The idea is: If you can save as wav do so, then convert the wav to mp3 at your desired bitrate (& cetera) using some external tool like lame.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You'll have a real job trying to bring back what has been lost forever as MP3 conversion strips 'unwanted' high frequencies, thats why people use high bitrates, you still lose the frequencies but not as much

Run a WAV file through a spectrum analyser then convert it to 64kbps MP3 and run it through again, and you can see what you have lost and thats what you're trying to replace

Have a look at this, they have a very good plug-in that I have used as a VST option with other editing software and it does a better job than others in trying to re-create those missing frequencies, it certainly made it sound better than it did when I played about with recirding from an online radio station that used 64kbps audio

http://www.acondigital.com/us_AcousticaPE.html

Also, the plug-in I used

http://www.acondigital.com/us_StudioClean_Features.html

What you want to look at is the StudioReBirth option

It does add back extra frequencies as I've compared poor MP3s before and after and it does go some way to trying to get back what MP3 conversion has stripped
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks i think the conversion mp3-wav-mp3 is a easier option shall try that first
    Quote Quote