VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am about to purchase a Canon HV20 and I want to be able to play the recorded HIGH DEF video on my media player (Mediagate MG350HD)
    I also have a Dvico TVIX 5100 media player that plays h264

I wont be using the SD feature of the Canon, and I plan to record in the HDV(PF25) mode on the HV20 (PAL)
    I need to know what program I need to purchase to download the HD recorded video to my pc in a .ts or .mpg format, so hopefully I can edit it in VideoRedo and I play it in my media player.

I have a digital tv tuner card that I can record 1920 x 1080 HD (ts) and edit with VideoRedo and output as a .ts or a .mpg and play it on my media player.
    Is it going to be this simple with the HV20 ???

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. The HV20 as with the HV10 record to tape in mpg2 elementry stream. So you can use Pinnacle Studio 10 or 11 or even Liquid to capture it. If your media center can play elementry streams then your set. If not you can pick an export format. Mpg2 muxed, HD DivX, WMV HD etc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    No need to purchase anything to capture HDV via 1394 Firewire. You can use free software like HDVSplit or CapDVHS. Both work just fine. HDVSplit will capture using m2t extension and CapDVHS will use mpg extension. If you edit in Premiere or Vegas, change extension to m2t.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    most HD cams come with software to cap
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Zoobie; the Canon HV20 does not come with any software to capture VIDEO. Not in my neck of the woods anyhow.

THANKS to everybody else for their replies
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You need software and a computer that can "handle" HD............
    Not all software will recognize an HD cam...
    Read ALL the spec's first...
    Quote Quote