I capture from Sony HC3 using capdvhs. I use my son's PC with Vista Premium and the included MovieMaker. Like I said in my previous post, video quality of the DVD is very good when watched in HDTV. However, I just notice that the audio in some clips are out of sync, while others are just fine - in one DVD project which is 70 minutes long and the source of which is mostly from a single tape. By "clip", I mean the file created when I press STOP during capture. I hope someone has an idea what's causing this to avoid repetition.

Also, when adding music to a particular part of the video, does anyone knows how to mute the audio of that part only without muting the whole video? Every time I use the volume adjustment for the track, the change is global. It would be nice if it only affects a clip. Then I can split and separate that part containing the music.

Another one. When authoring direct from HD-Mpeg2, the menu scene selections are blank whereas, if I convert the video to DV first, the menu shows the animated selections. Problem is, don't know why there is obvious degradation of the resulting DVD. Perhaps the camcorder is not doing a good job converting HD to DV.