VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Folks.

(2) Questions.

[1]
    I use ULEAD Movie factory to create end result DVD's, but I am unhappy with the quality of menu templates. The windows VISTA dvd software has a really professional looking "video wall" template and chapters. Does anyone know of some good professional quality menu templates for ULEAD MF ?

[2]
    I download all my video from the cam to the PC via firewire and then author the movies in AVI format. Thats all fine ... However, I waste a lot of time waiting for the MPEG2 conversion for the end result DVD's. Can anyone offer a PC Hardware card that does dedicated MPEG2 encoding with fast encode times, multipass (GT 2), high quality results, that is reasonably cost friendly ....

Thanks in advance ...
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can't do hardware multi-pass at capture time because the video only passes through once. You can do CBR or single pass VBR. If you want high-quality and speed, buy a faster computer. Dual core can increase encoding speed by 70%. Quad core should push that to 150% or better.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    guns1inger

[2]
    The MPEG conversion is not required during pass through, as stated, I capture over firewire to AVI and do all the manipulation in AVI format. (that part works very well)
    I was interested in a multipass MPEG converter hardware card (if such a beast exists) to convert large AVI files into MPEG2 for inclusion in a DVD. I am keen to reduce encoding times and gain access to multipass improvments in MPEG quality.

I understand the X1000+ range of ATI chipset cards offers accelaretd MPEG encoding, but i have a Nvidia 8600GT512. I am also happy to have a dedicated card to do encoding.
    Does such a hardware card exist for PC's ?
    Quote Quote