VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My old player (Scan2000 clone) that ignored PUO has died due to electrical problems during a storm. Are there any modern players that can be hacked to ignore PUO?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The venerable old Phillips DVP-642 tends to ignore a lot of PUOs, at least mine with the 0531 firmware does. Possibly the newer Phillips do as well.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Some players, such the Oppo line, allow you to skip straight to the disc menu (I have the 971H which allows this).

This question was just recently asked (within the last couple of weeks), there may be more information in that thread, but I don't recall any players allowing it to be completely disabled.

As a side note, if you are copying discs, the PUO can be disabled during the copy process.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Krispy Kritter
    Some players, such the Oppo line, allow you to skip straight to the disc menu (I have the 971H which allows this).

This question was just recently asked (within the last couple of weeks), there may be more information in that thread, but I don't recall any players allowing it to be completely disabled.

As a side note, if you are copying discs, the PUO can be disabled during the copy process.
    In that thread they refer to a site with firmware for my old model player. It seems it really is a rare feature

Thanks anyway
    Quote Quote