VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    I have a Raw DVI file (wedding from 2 vhs tapes 5 hrs 10 mins total) file That I would like to put onto a Verbatim DVD+R DL

How do I go about encoding this down to 8.5GB, (videots) and what program is good for this.

Also LAYER BREAKS My Raw DV file has none, How can i add this to the encoding process

I want to use DL DVD as i have a few

I am really simple when it comes to Video Editing, and don't know where to start

zack
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What burning program do you have? If you have Nero, just have a play with the 'Make you own DVD video' feature.

Failing that, convert the DV to mpeg2 with TMPGEnc and then author to DVD with TMPGEnc Author.

Both programs have free trials.

p.s. I'm not sure if you meant layer breaks or chapters - don't worry about layer breaks, you can sort out chapters with TMPGEnc Author.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks for the response

My Raw DV video does'nt have any chapters or menus, I just want the DVD to run the full 5 hrs from when i put the DVD in the Player to the end

Straight DV to DVD9 transfer (no music, flashy intros or menu's)

But I must have the Layer break somewhere, so that the laser can adjust itself for the second layer on the DVD9
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by zack28
    But I must have the Layer break somewhere, so that the laser can adjust itself for the second layer on the DVD9
    That will be done by the burning software.
    Regards,

Rob
    Quote Quote