VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently downloaded some wmv format tv shows from Amazon and they work fine on thier Amazon Unbox they supplied me but I'd like to transfer these to a dvd so I can watch them on the big screen. I've tried many different programs found here at this site but nothing seems to work. WMV's are usually not that hard to change but these have exhausted my patience. Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are they DRM protected? If so, perhaps fairuse4wm can help, depending on WMP version in your system.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks, I appreciate the help (and the speed in which it was given)! I went to quite a few of the download sites of fairuse4wm but they have deleted or deny me access. What about a program called DVDFlick? Any good? I need free and easy.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    go to doom9's website and you should find an active download for fairuse4wm.

Just a note though it doesn't seem to work on vista yet. It also depends on what version of windows media player you have I believe. The other thing is you need a valid encrypted media file for it to "see" the keys in order open the file.

Aside from fairuse I believe the only other alternative is to do a realtime dub from the video out on your computer if you have one. Unfortunately it is more than likely macrovisoned from amazon in which case you'd need something to remove that. Search the net for more info if you have to go the realtime route.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If it's DRM protected, nothing in the world will convert it to anything else, until you've removed the DRM. Take a look over at www.doom9.org - I think I read something about a new fairuse4wm version over there just a few days ago. You may find it hard to find the files tho, as MS is on their toes, asking every site to take it away as soon as it appears.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm weird. I was just reading the Amazon Unbox site. It states that the only ways to watch their downloads on a TV boils down to having either TiVO, a compatible portable device connected to a TV, or a computer/laptop connected to a TV. It's easier and less of a headache (not to mention more ethical) to just use a TV-connected laptop or PMP. Cracking DRM is over. DRM is on it's way out.

But that's just me.
    Quote Quote