VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, i'm looking for a guide for complete beginners using VirtualDub, from installation to running the program for the first time. I've followed many links from forums but they all assume you know how to use the program and skip over the basics, yea i know da!
    hope you can help, thanx
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There's really not much to it! Unzip to a directory, run auxsetup.exe, click the Install handler button, and then the Run VirtualDub button.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure where there's a basic guide for VD. But there are other guides on the VD tool page: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/Virtualdub Look to the bottom of the page.

I can tell you I've used the program for several years and I still don't know everything about it.

Or you can go to the source of VD: http://www.virtualdub.org/virtualdub_docs.html
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @rouge22: We'd all appreciate if you took the time to read the rules of VideoHelp.
    Among those you'll find:
    Originally Posted by rules
    Do not post the same topic on several forums.
    Please do not cross post, once is enough.
    and
    Originally Posted by rules
    Try to choose a subject that describes your topic.
    Please do not use topic subjects like Help me!!! or Problems.
    I've changed the subject for now. Please change it if you like, by editing your first post.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanx for the help, i was using an older version of VitualDub with no install, i'm disabled by the way so the simple things are the hardest sometimes, thanx again
    Quote Quote