VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used VOB2MPG 2.5 one time and it worked great. Now 1 month later the program will not divide my VOB file into chapters when it converts. I even went back to the original VOB file that converted into 40 individual little videos in August, but this time the output is now just the same size movie file as it was VOB.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    From the VOB2MPG tool page:
    VOB2MPG goes through a whole DVD VIDEO_TS folder and joins up the various vobsets to produce mpgs for the different titles.
    AFAIK, it never created separate chapter MPEGs, just separate title MPEGs. Are you thinking of a different program?

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I ran a large VOB through the 1st time and I got each scene in its own separate file/Chapter. This time it came out as one huge movie file that I am trying to separate in Movie Maker and its too much work. The point of videoing to mini DVD is that you have nice chapters of each thing you videod.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VOB2MPG will split titles, and some amateur creations mistake titles for chapters and so author this way. I suspect that footage shot on DVD cameras is also authored this way, with each filming session being recorded as a new title. VOB2MPG doesn't know what a chapter is, only titles.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My point is that VOB2MPG is not functioning the way it did the 1st time I used it and there are no setting within the software to change. so what can I do to get it to spit out individual titles like it did last time?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is this the same disc as last time ?

What I tried to explain to you (but obviously failed) is that the first disc you did contained multiple titles, which you mistook for chapters. VOB2MPG will split separate titles out to different files. The disc you are now trying to extract has a single title with multiple chapters. VOB2MPG can only extract a single title from this disc because that is all there is.

If you want to con firm this theory, open the disc in DVD Shrink and see how many titles there are.

VOB2MPG only extracts titles, not chapters.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote