VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey ive got a .img file and i cant burn it to dvd with ImgBurn as ive only got the cheapest dvd-rs money can buy.
    So it says "Device not ready (medium not present)"

So i ive decided to turn it into a VOB file, which i can then convert with videora to any format like iPod or PSP, large avi to play on my pc screen.

I cant find anything to convert .img files to VOB or avi or mpeg4 or anything at all to be honest.
    I can only find burning from .img to dvd (DVD decryt/imgburn) but like i said b4 i cant really do that because ofmy lack of a verbatim dvd-r.

Can anyone recommend a good program for converting .img to multiple formats or any of the ones i mentioned

Thanks in advance...

(ps im looking for freeware)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As an IMG isn't a media file, but rather a "snapshot" of a CD or DVD disk, that can contain any kind of files, it can't be converted to a media file.
    But mount it with Daemon Tools, and take a look what's in the img, and perhaps it can be converted to something playable for you.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Daemon tools doesnt recognize, it, eveyone telles me to rename to .ISO
    so i renamed it to XXXX.ISO but the file type remains .IMG?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    but the file type remains .IMG?
    If so, you probably have the option "Hide extension for known file types" enabled in Windows Explorer. A very stupid default setting to be changed immediately. Open any folder, take a look under Tools, Folder options, Show tab (at least I think it's "Show" in UK Windows) and uncheck that option.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    There no show tab and i checked thru for settings realting to "show" and the only unselected show was "show hidden folders" i selected "display full path in title bar" but that changed nothing aswell

It still says XXX.ISO but stays as IMG under file type?

Any ideas?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Img = clonecd (under no circumstances rename it to iso)

Try cdmage : http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    cool thanks ive managed to use iso buster to extract the video ts/VOB's that im used to dealing with, do you reckon image burn would be less picky with me burning the VOB's to a cheap disc as opposed to burning the .img to disc which didnt recognize the disc.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If ImgBurn doesn't recognize you have a disk in the drive (Device not ready (medium not present)), it won't matter much what you try to burn...

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It could be bum media - you don't mention what it is nor an MID code..Not that you'd probably be able to get it since your drive doesn't seem to recognize anything in it. It could be a bad IDE port on your motherboard, bad cable, the drive itself could be shot or on it's way out...And so on - could be a combo of any of the above as well.

ps It might help if you filled in your PC specs more thoroughly too.

[edit] On a personal note, I had an NEC (3550A) drive that had this issue, among others..Not recognizing media, not being able to burn to most media, and when it did not being able to read the disc directly after, not at full rated speed (16x, stuck @ 8x), and crappy burn 'quality' as well.. Not able to read either pressed or most burned media (known good)..And so on. When I finally had enough and chucked it in favor of my current Pioneer DVR-112, all my problems went away.

Looking @ scan.co.uk, you can grab any number of good drives for $16-18 GBP (inc. VAT), ~$30-35 here in the 'States'.
    Quote Quote