VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello!

Apologies in advance for this post! I feel I must be doing something really stupid!!

I've just bought a new Dell PC (Vista Home Premium) that came with Easy Media Creator 9 preinstalled.

I have a couple of data dvds which have an assortment of different file types on them and I would eventually like to put the files onto dvds that I can watch on my dvd player.

I've copied the files from the data dvd onto my pc and out of all the file types on there I've decided to tackle the video_ts folders first containing the vob, bup and ifo files as I read these can be burned to dvd without too much trouble. With EMC I added the contents of the video_ts folder to make a new project which I then burned to disc. I hoped that it would recognise that there was already a menu chapter but it used the default woodlands scenery one instead. I have since tried to change this but it will only let me change it to one of Roxios pre-installed ones. I have no idea how to get it to accept the one I have.

What I had burned did play on my dvd player (with the woodlands theme menu) but it froze after 20 seconds. Oh, and it cut off the bottom of the screen too.

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

It seems as though I have everything I need in the video_ts folder to create a dvd.

This is all very new to me so any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    The VIDEO_TS folder *IS* the "created" DVD. Don't load it into an authoring/conversion program. Just burn it as is to DVD using burning software.
    "There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge, and I knew we'd get into that rotten stuff pretty soon." -- Raoul Duke
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    If you already have a DVD compliant VIDEO_TS folder, you can use the freeware ImgBurn to burn the DVD. (Yes, it does work with Vista) Open ImgBurn, select 'Build' mode, then your VIDEO_TS folder and burn. Very easy and fast.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Superb! It works, thanks so much guys!

I'm sure I'll be back again when I move onto avi files and such things..!
    Quote Quote