VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok, I'm going to try to lay this out and hopefully someone can give me alittle help.

I've been capturing Sports programming (Baseball games) via HD TS streams using CAPDVHS.

When I get the streams, I then take them, put them into HDTVtoMPEG2 v1.11.0 Beta (build 37). From there, I will edit out the commercial breaks and then create new TS files.

I then use my copy of SVCD2DVD v2.1 to create DVD complaint MPEGS.

Now, originally I was faced with the problem of the dual layer DVD folders being too large. I now see that there is a fix for that. I had simply been outputting bigger than usual video clips (leaving in a commercial) then using TMPGENC DVD Author to remove those commericals and create Dual Layer DVDs.

Alittle creativity solved that problem.

Then I faced audio sync problems. The files (as the sticky above) pointed out, would be about a half second off on things like the ball hitting the bat as the game went on.

The biggest problem, however, is an audio glitch that exists. On every MPEG that SVCD2DVD creates, there is an audio 'hiccup' in the first 4 seconds of the file. It cuts out and stutters, then going on to play the rest of the file without any problem (except the sync issue).

Another strange occurance is that when using these files (and only these files), TMPGENC doesn't actually use all the chapters. Say I use 22 video files. Well, TMPGENC DVD Author will create a DVD that has 2 or 3 chapters bunched together at a time so that it is impossible to skip forward without leaping 2 innings ahead.

Does anyone know what is causing this problem? The glitch doesn't exist on the TS streams, but only on the MPEGs that are later output.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Firstly i would need to see the log from this run and secondly i would recommend the latest version of svcd2dvd - which may resolve this already.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alright Chriss, sorry about taking so long to get back to you. Downloaded the new version and still had 2 problems:

1) DVD output folders were still too big for a DL DVD.
    2) the audio glitch still existed.

I'm going to PM you the log.
    Quote Quote