VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i am currently trying to convert an avi file with FFmpeg i can convert a avi to mp4 so i know how it works this what i have so far for the 3gp command :

ffmpeg -i C:\test1.avi -s qcif -vcodec h263 -acodec mp3 -ac 1 -ar 8000 -r 25 -ab 32 -y C:\out\clip.3gp
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search PM
    I found something about 3gp on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3GP

It needs aac audio and you can try to add -f 3gp to the command line and encode it to a avi.
    If I rename this avi to 3gp, "Media Player Classic" plays it. FFmpeg has written the 3gp4 FourCC in it so
    I think it should work. This should be your command line:

ffmpeg -i C:\test1.avi -s qcif -vcodec h263 -acodec aac -ac 1 -ar 8000 -r 25 -ab 32 -f 3gp -y C:\out\clip.avi

Success.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Its cool i loaded the right files in the dill and teh command worked they are cygwin1.dll , cygz.dll and ffmpeg which u need to put in the system32 folder and u dont even need to put the path to it cause thier is 1 already to that folder
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by dizzy123
    Its cool i loaded the right files in the dill and teh command worked they are cygwin1.dll , cygz.dll and ffmpeg which u need to put in the system32 folder and u dont even need to put the path to it cause thier is 1 already to that folder
    Nice to hear.

Do you run on a Windows OS or Linux or something. I see you compile the FFmpeg executable yourself.
    I tested it on one of the ready-to-use Windows OS builds from the Celtic-druids mirror (SVN-r9767).

Chris.
    Quote Quote