VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i did a video capture for a short film for my friend but we ran into a problem. it seems that we were only able to capture the left channel for the sound. is there anyway that we can fix this?
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Make it mono or copy the left channel to the right channel. But what kind of video file is it?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    It depends on the audio format, but you could separate the audio from the video (demux) and put that into a audio editor and copy the left channel to the right and output as stereo. Sometimes you can add a little bit of delay or other processing to the second channel and make it sound better than just a single channel .

Audacity is a freeware audio editor and accepts WAV and MP3 audio and a few other formats. It works like a word processor, just copy and paste.

If you need to extract the audio from the video, you may be able to use VirtualDub Mod and save it out as a WAV. Then if it's a AVI type format, you can process it and add it back in.

MPEG video is done a similar way, just different tools to demux and mux it back in.

And welcome to our forums.
    Quote Quote