VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I have had my Pioneer DVR-107D for some time now. Overall it has been a great burner, especially for video which seems to burn every time without fault. However I have had this problem with the burner for some time where I will burn a data disc (with verification enabled) and everything seems to complete OK, but when I put the disc back into the drive it shows up as "Blank CD".

My assumption had been that these were coasters, that something had went wrong during the burn process. However I recently obtained a Phillips set-top DivX box and it plays these DVD's fine! So I am sure there is nothing wrong with the DVDs themselves.

Note that it is able to read "most" data discs I have burnt. It is only certain discs that have this "Blank CD" behavior. It has happened both on DVD-R and DVD+R media.

I have done some digging on Google and have not turned up anything useful. I found one reference to a similar problem but it was supposedly fixed in Service Pack 2 which I am already running.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated! I am seriously considering getting a second DVD drive just so that I can read these data discs. But if it's a software issue, I may run into the same problem even with a new drive.

I am running firmware 1.12 which is the latest.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    sounds like the laser is slowly dying and it's time to buy a new dvd burner. they're cheap now at $30.00-$40.00 depending what brand you want. i'd suggest getting the PIONEER 112D, LG-H62L, or if you want a SATA DVD BURNER get a SAMSUNG S203B. just my 2 cents!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks

If they're that cheap I may as well go buy one
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I too would reccommend replacing the drive but your problem may be the combination of your drive and the media you use. You drive may be marginal in operation with that maker's media.
    Quote Quote