VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have been trying to find a FREE mediaplayer that works on Symbian OS UIQ 3.0, but have not found any.

Does such a thing exist?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WHAT?????????
    Never heard of "simbian os"................
    Is this a joke, or some weird Europian OS????????????
    Anything wrong with windows?????
    Quote Quote  
  3. You have to learn a bit more about handheld devices. Symbian OS is used on mobilephones primarily and I would like a player for my SonyEricsson P990.

I must say you sound like the typical ignorant American, no wonder the rest of the planet disslikes you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Doesn't most Symbian phones come with some media player built in? Even my old SE P800 had a media player.
    I've been using Symbian devices for > 10 years, and in my experience, the freeware "market" for it is close to zero.
    But how about this: http://www.symbian-freak.com/news/006/02/tcpmp.htm
    Anything wrong with windows?????
    Quite a lot...
    /Mats
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    There don't appear to be any good free media players for Symbian. Your phone may come with a version of Real Media Player which can play some formats, but not very many. You might be interested in this though. It's not very well publicized, but there's a free Divx player for Symbian OS available at
    http://mobile.divx.com
    You have to register for Stage6 to get access to the mobile download area, but it's free.

There was a lot of talk about taking the freely available source code for Real Player that's called the Helix Player and making it work on Symbian. A lot of work was done but it appears that the project has been abandoned without a working player being produced. Well, actually I mean a player for Symbian OS S60 3rd Edition was abandoned. There are players for older Symbian OSes. You can find them at
    https://symbian.helixcommunity.org/

Yes, my fellow Americans are pretty ignorant about the rest of the world and this kind of thing. I would be very surprised if more than 10% of the population here could tell you what GSM is. Note that JimboS can't spell correctly either, like a large number of fellow Americans.
    Quote Quote  
  6. @mats.hogberg...Yes the P990 does have a mediaplayer and it works quite well, but I would like to have divx (xvid) capability as well and that is not supported in the original one.

@jman98...thanx for the info, I will follow those tips and see where they led. As a side note: I have got the feeling that ignorance is a sickness that spreads in the US. When I lived there a short while back in 1989-1990 i got the feeling that everyone I meet was truly interested in knowing more about Sweden and the rest of Europe. Nowadays it looks like there is no such interested. I have not been back since then so I do not really know how average Joe is feeling today. Why is this? is it a reaction to the Bush administrations polices or is it still the chock from 9/11 that is haunting you? I must say that the people I meet when I lived there were among the friendliest and nicest people I have ever meet.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @bacardi/avt: Your comments are verging on politics, which is not allowed at this site. No more in this vein from anyone please.

Thank you.
    /Mats
    Quote Quote