VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently purchased a new computer with Vista on and a DVD burner.

Previously I used to download AVI's trailers etc on my laptop burn the to CD and watch them on my DVD Divx player.

In vista I am downloading the AVI then clicking burn inserting a CD type that I used to use on my laptop and burning the AVI but now they simply won't play on my DivX player, say unable to read disk.

Any ideas? Is this the Vista burn program? Do I need another utility?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I guess you are making a multisession cd with Vistas burning tool and it wont work on many dvd players. Check if you can change any such settings in the vista burning tool. But I would burn with a different tool, just be sure to select a no multisession cd and that you want to close the cd when you burn.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I don't know if that's Vista or your AVI causing the problem. Most AVIs off the net are player ready, so I would try a different burning program. ImgBurn can do data files by using 'Build' mode. Other CD/DVD burning programs here, but I don't know which ones are compatible with Vista: https://www.videohelp.com/tools/sections/burn

And you might drop the file into Gspot 2.70 and see what formats it's using.
    Quote Quote