VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Any opinions on the Sima Color Corrector SCC-2 ? I have an AVT-8710 with built in proc-amp controls, will it give a better picture correction than that ?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello I have both of those units. The avt 8710 is a time base corrector along with a built in proc amp. The SCC2 is mainly just a proc amp and it does a more thorough job of color correcting then the avt8710 but thats about it. The SCC2 does nothing much as far as the sharpness option goes. I have not seen much difference in the before and after look. The avt does not do much better but seems to give a little more detail. The avt 8710 will give you time base correction but the SCC2 will not help you there as it does not have built in time base correction. I mostly use the avt 8710 and have only used the SCC2 only a few times. It seems to have a problem with the tinting of it going darker and lighter at times mostly with vhs tapes. I hope that helps you out. I would go with the avt 8710. It does a nice job for adding just a little color if you need it.

Eric
    Quote Quote  
    drifting, somewhere on the Sea of Cynicism
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by heman31
    Hello I have both of those units. The avt 8710 is a time base corrector along with a built in proc amp. The SCC2 is mainly just a proc amp and it does a more thorough job of color correcting then the avt8710 but thats about it. The SCC2 does nothing much as far as the sharpness option goes. I have not seen much difference in the before and after look. The avt does not do much better but seems to give a little more detail. The avt 8710 will give you time base correction but the SCC2 will not help you there as it does not have built in time base correction. I mostly use the avt 8710 and have only used the SCC2 only a few times. It seems to have a problem with the tinting of it going darker and lighter at times mostly with vhs tapes. I hope that helps you out. I would go with the avt 8710. It does a nice job for adding just a little color if you need it.
    I hope this one is a lot better than their CT-2 or CT-200, which (judging by my unit of the latter) really blows. Lots of random color and brightness shifts, and generally useless. I'm sure there must be better proc amps out there, for about the same money.
    When in Las Vegas, don't miss the Pinball Hall of Fame Museum http://www.pinballmuseum.org/ -- with over 150 tables from 6+ decades of this quintessentially American art form.
    Quote Quote