VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I'm logged in (obviously)
    This ad is at the bottom of the front page. It's in a box like the image shown later and looks like it belongs

Canadian DVD Duplication
    Contact us for a better price High quality DVD duplication
    www.duplication.ca

Ads by Google - Advertise on this site
    In this case, obviously my ip is being used to target me as Canadian.

Also, on both the index page and the posting box (before and after the submit post) this shows up at the bottom

They were probably there before any changes to the site and I accepted them as part of it so paid no mind but now with the latest changes it got me more curious. I don't mind the ads if they are a benefit to Videohelp but I have the Google toolbar so am I being spammed by Google or are you at least getting a few cents out of this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It's not the Google Toolbar doing that to you. I see those ads too (when I disable Adblock in Firefox).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    This is the only site where I don't block popups and some types of ads but I never get popups here anyways so that doesn't matter. I know Baldrick goes out of his way to minimize intrusive ads especially for logged in members but as long as I know Videohelp benefits I don't mind anything clean on this site.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, those are my google ads and I added them to the new design. Some ads at the bottom should not be that annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Speaking of advertisers, does this great site get anything for us purchasing from them when we go to their site from a link on Videohelp?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick
    Yep, those are my google ads and I added them to the new design. Some ads at the bottom should not be that annoying.
    They are not a problem at all. I just didn't want Google to get something for nothing.
    Quote Quote