VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I'm using Roxio Easy Media Creator 8 to create slideshows and burn to a DVD. I'm using Sony DVD-R discs. The DVD plays on my computer but won't play on my DVD player. I have a Sony DVPNS90V DVD player. (The region code is 1 on my player and my computer).

The error message I get is c:13:70 the disc is dirty.

I checked the manual and it is compatible with DVD-R discs.

Please help

Randy
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome zenfoos

Get a reasonable optical disc cleaner for the unit ... most just push dirt about ... not much cleaning actually takes place .

Try different media is mentioned about ... but try output to folder only first , then us imgburn to burn the output to those sony discs , at 4x , and see what happens .
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    From other posts here in the forum, the Sony players seem to be finicky about the brand/type of media that they support. Others have reported having issues using the Sony media. Look up your player in the DVD Players section and see what brand/type of media others have had success using.
    Google is your Friend
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the feedback.

It was a media issue. Couldn't find Vebatim so I bought some Philips DVD+R and it worked.

Funny that Sony DVD-R won't work in my Sony DVD player. I did read somewhere that Sony players like the "plus" discs better.

Thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
  5. That's very Sony. The only CDR ever de-laminated on me was also Sony.

Care for Sony lithium-Ion Battery ?
    Quote Quote