VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    trying install virtual dub because i am haveing probs with mainconcept,trying to get the audio source to work,i was on the forum last nite,

was told to try virtual dub

but everytime i try to in install ,i get messages like avifile framclient install failed or couldnt read source file"vdremote.dll

help pls

thanks peter
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    VirtualDub doesn't install, it just runs from the .exe. That sounds like you might be trying to run the wrong file in VD. That sounds like the frameserver, not the VD program. But I would try VD Mod instead as the audio handling seems to be a little easier. All the VDs work about the same way.

This is the VD program. You just click on it and it should start with no installing.

Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But I would try VD Mod instead as the audio handling seems to be a little easier. All the VDs work about the same way.
    I would install the newest version of Virtualdub 1.7.3. It's in beta but I have had no problems with it. It has features that none of the other versions have.

VirtualdubMod is no longer updated. The latest version is over a year old (1.6 Aud-X Surround).

Virtualdub MPEG-2 handles MPEG-2 files and WMV files. FccHandler just made a minor update but says he probably won't update it anymore. There is a slight chance that he will update it to the new beta version once it reaches stable release if Avery doesn't put features from the mods into a future release which is also a possibilty.

I have about 10 versions on my machine and keep a shortcut on my desktop for Version 1.7.3, VDub MPEG 2 1.6.19 and VirtualdubMod 1.6 Aud-X Surround.
    Quote Quote