VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Child of God
    Search Comp PM
    There are some music MP3s I have that sound slowed down from the original version. I have the program Audacity 1.2.6 for Mac OSX, and what I want to do is change the speed so they sound right. If I recall correctly, Audacity is supposed to be able to take care of that, but I'm having a rough time figuring out the program. I know there are tutorals, which I plan to explore, but I wondered if anyone here can help me directly with this.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    File>Open and add your MP3. You will also need a MP3 codec to save the processed audio. I use Lame MP3 on a PC, but there should be similar for a Mac. The program should tell you what is needed.

Edit>Select>All. Effect>Change Speed. This also changes the tempo and the pitch. Or you can just adjust the tempo or the pitch separately. Try the preview to see how it sounds. Then export as MP3 when you have it the way you want it.

Audacity works similar to a word processor. You can cut and paste and have several separate tracks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Child of God
    Search Comp PM
    I got it all to work! Thanks! This is great.
    "They will walk after the LORD, He will roar like a lion; indeed He will roar and His sons will come trembling from the west." - Hosea 11:10
    Quote Quote