VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey guys, I've never had a problem burning Iso files to Dvd with IMGburn or CloneDVD2 until now. The Iso is a dvd with a menu, but when i burn it with Imgburn or CloneDVD2 like Usual, It keeps skipping the menu and just burning the movie. Am i just having a brain fart and doing something wrong or is it the iso file?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    open your iso with something like VLC and see how it behaves
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Oh yeah, I did that right away, it plays like normal with the menus and all..but then when i burn it with imgburn or clonedvd2..the menus aren't there..
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Welcome whendreamsweep

So you burnt it to dvd then , right'o

Take a look at the dvd content when it's in the dvd drive on the pc , from within windows explorer .

You see folders , audio_ts and video_ts ???
    You see files , ifo , bup , vob file extension ???

If files yes , folders no , thats a problem ... when burning dvd's , these files must reside within a folder called video_ts if they are to play normally , especially in a home player .

----

Imgburn will burn as is , it dosent throw stuff out , but is there something funny about the file structure contained within the iso image , thats a good question .

Leave the dvd you burnt in the dvd drive , and target it with dvdfab hd decrypter , and rip it to folder .
    Play test it ... using more than just one program .

Koolplaya
    Avs dvd player
    Vlc
    nero showtime
    Media player classic

Powerdvd and windvd are not as reliable .

If three of those above play it with menu correctly , it can be expected to be relatively fine for burning .

----

There's also another issue which can cause this , but that will be determined later after the above test's and check's have been completed .
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Folders Audio TS (with no contents which is normal) and Video TS are there.

Did what you said with DVDFab..and interesting results.

I downloaded every player you said and the menu is there ONLY in VLC, the movie just started right away in all the other players.

But i messed around with Media Player Classic and I guess the menu file is in there cause i got the menu to play with it but whenever i clicked on anything in the menu it would just pause it. I didn't go back and try it with the other players it didn't work in though.

But yes, VLC is the only player the where the menu starts and works normally in.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ok , we need a look at the nav commands used .

Run pgcedit , load the dvd , then go across the top , click "info" , then click "dvd commands"

Hit "ctrl + a" , then "ctrl + c" ... Paste it in next post for checking ... might need some adjusted for proper playback .

Hint : Remove the first line of that information .
    Quote Quote