VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recently downloaded a DVD torrent that was split into 4 different "sections" with separate .ifo files. I'd like to make it all one part. I'd like to convert it to .avi as one big show using AutoGK, and I can't do this under the current conditions (it only converts each VTS section separately).

Since I don't know the terminology and my explanation probably sounds muddled, I want:

VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_0.IFO
    \VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_2.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_02_3.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_03_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_04_2.VOB

to become something like

VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.BUP
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_0.IFO
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB
    VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_4.VOB

With one .ifo to rule them all. What program do I use? (Tried DVD Shrink and TMPGEnc DVD Author 3 unsuccessfully, if I was doing something wrong, please point me towards the right direction =\)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    What you have a multi-titleset DVD. Simplest would probably be to use VOBMerge then VOB2MPG, then convert the mpg file in AutoGK. If you use Shrink you will get one titleset, but still have multiple titles.

You *might* be able to do this with TDA3 if you import each titleset into a single track.
    Read my blog here.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    if it has only one audio track i'd try removing all the ifos and bups and then just renaming the vobs into one titleset. vob_01_ 1, vob_01_2, etc and then run it through vob2mpeg. you can then convert the mpg any way you wish.

if it has more then one audio track run it through dvdshrink first to remove all but one and then do the same procedure.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by aedipuss
    if it has only one audio track i'd try removing all the ifos and bups and then just renaming the vobs into one titleset. vob_01_ 1, vob_01_2, etc and then run it through vob2mpeg. you can then convert the mpg any way you wish.
    aedipuss had it almost right. Rename them consecutively as he said and then open the first VOB in AutoGK and it'll "see" the rest and open them as well, all as one big video.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono
    Originally Posted by aedipuss
    aedipuss had it almost right. Rename them consecutively as he said and then open the first VOB in AutoGK and it'll "see" the rest and open them as well, all as one big video.
    That's what I did! First I tried VOBMerge but it turns out it doesn't merge more than 4 GB, and the DVD I had was 4.34 GB. Then I tried the 2nd method with VOB2MPG but that joined the video in a weird order even though I labeled it all right. Then I tried this method on a hunch and it worked! Thanks guys!

I'll post up the video when I finish uploading it.
    Quote Quote